Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Alpine Head Unit and Alarm

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2003, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Alpine Head Unit and Alarm

What do you guys think of the Alpine CDH-9815 or the Alpine SEC-150R?
Old Jul 11, 2003, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

Alpine IMO makes a great alarm thats what I have on my oz, I could have gotten something bigger and better but whats the need? the only thing I didnt like about the 150r was it dosent have remote start... I dont think Also the siren isnt ****... I added 2 peizos or however its spelled inside and out... My h/u is the top of the line Kenwood 919 and wouldent have it any other way
Old Jul 12, 2003, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

alpine makes great product. their head units have the cleanest sound out there and the alarms are fantastic as well. nero is right about the siren though, it is a little quiet so you may want to add another siren or piezo. alpine was never into the remote start business and never will be so you will never find any alpinr alarm with remote start feature, though it can control other remote starters. the 150R is nice because it has a microwave radar sensor. this is a proximity sensor that gives a warning when someone is near your car and will trigger fully if someone reaches in an open window or something.
Old Jul 12, 2003, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys. I will not be using a remote starter because of the manual tranny and really no need in Phoenix.
Old Jul 12, 2003, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

I think alpine headunits are prolly the best out there if you get a good one. My friend has an mp3 alpine headunit. I really like it a lot. As far as the alarms go I had an Alpine alarm on my lancer and I wish I would have payed a little more to get an Avital. The alpine alarm is not loud at all and sounds like a little bird chirping. If I was in my house I would not be able to hear it if it was going off. You also have to be pretty close for the remote to work. So I say headunit YES. Alarm NO.
Old Jul 13, 2003, 12:41 AM

I love my alpines i've had four of them. The CD transports are kind of fragile though and ive had to have a couple replaced. alpines bass engine-pro units are baddass with time alignment you can adjust the soundstage. and besides that they just look nice. I have a cda-7878 in my truck right now its a couple of years old. Im looking at the CDA 7897 for the evo but havent decided yet. check speedsound.com they've got pretty good prices and had my last stereo out to me quick. As far as alarms I think i'd stick with DEI (clifford,viper,.....). Unless your planning on integrating your head unit and alarm.
Old Jul 13, 2003, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Here we go jumping head first into OT.
My alpine alarm DOES have remote start as a factory option I guess cause it was pretty much TOTL But i dont have to hooked up YET cause the place that installed it said it was too much trouble. But as for my HU I gotta have the latest and greatest plus its gotta look great and sit flush so with the kenwood i went.