Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Remote Start On 5 Speed

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2008, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that is incorrect. In order to start the car you have to get out in a way that the alarm knows it is not in gear. and if you disarm the alarm or it is triggered it will not start.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

any remote start should work...there should be a switch behind your clutch pedal, remove the clip and you should than be able to start your car with just turning the key and not pressing in the clutch...

essentially all you are doin is hookin up the remote start like any autimatic car now and it will work......if you want to get into "safety precausions" than yes find a kit that checks if its in gear, and is e brake pulled up and all that bs...

but if you are like me and never keep car in gear, you have nothing to worry about.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 09:40 PM
Evolving Member

there is a little sensor right behind the clutch pedal not hard to miss it un clips in 2 secs if not buy a manual tranny starter and boo hoo you need to wire in a relay.......when it comes down to it though imo before you leave your car you should check what state it is in i.e. in gear or e-brake......you are leaving a big pile of money sitting there essentialy and if it was me leaving a big pile of money on the street i would make sure it is safe and not about to roll away or take off lol
Old Feb 18, 2008, 09:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 06BlackES
i always leave it in neutral anyway so i wouldnt be too worried about it. i guess i would have to install it myself.

I got mine at a place in Durango, CO... Compustar makes them for manuals, and it only habit now to leave it in nutueral and pull the E-brake or it wont turn the turbo timer thats on the system on....very nice for Hot summer days or cold winter nights...
Old Feb 23, 2008, 04:02 PM
Evolving Member

i have a viper 791xv, any remote start system will work with a clutch bypass. really nice on a cold morning.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

I have an Audiovox remote start/alarm system for an automatic and when installing it we just got rid of the clutch pedal sensor. Yes if left in gear the car will jump but why would I leave it in gear knowing that...? IDK about going through a shop since my friend installed mine.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 04:57 AM

Has anyone tried a DIY on this, i want to try but i really dont want to mess anything up...
Old Mar 14, 2008, 06:23 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I installed the compustar myself and a DIY will defeat the purpose of the alarm. the remote start in the compustar doesn't need sensors or switches to detect that you are not in gear. It will not start if you are in gear period! Because of their "reservation" mode, that means the engine is running when you pull out the keys and lock the car(either as a turbotimer or remote start mode) will indicate that the car is not in gear. search is your friend in this site.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by sblvro
I installed the compustar myself and a DIY will defeat the purpose of the alarm. the remote start in the compustar doesn't need sensors or switches to detect that you are not in gear. It will not start if you are in gear period! Because of their "reservation" mode, that means the engine is running when you pull out the keys and lock the car(either as a turbotimer or remote start mode) will indicate that the car is not in gear. search is your friend in this site.
Do you have a model number for that one. I just want the remote start, not the alarm anyway. Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 15, 2008, 05:29 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2W900FMR(3000), they have a newer model proseries, too
Old Mar 16, 2008, 12:29 PM

I put car starters on all of my families cars. 4 of which are manual. and we never had a problem...

COMPUSTAR ALL THE WAY.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 10:34 AM

Do you have a model number for that one. I just want the remote start, not the alarm anyway. Thanks for your help.
Personally I prefer the rs/alarms that dei offers (viper, python, etc.). Now, i sell and install viper systems professionally and recently d.e.i. just unveiled their new responder le technology which is for use on both automatic and manual trans. These work basically like compustars that sblvro mentioned. Before turning the car off, you go through a sequence of events so the next time you attempt a remote start, the system knows you left it in neutral.

I use the viper 5900 in my 5 spd. For those of you that aren't familiar, it is more or less the same as the viper 791xv with improved range (1 mile is advertised). However neither one is manufactured for use on manual trans. I'm just one of those people that always leaves my car in neutral.

The 5900 uses sst technology and like the 791 has the lcd display. With vipers new model (the 5202 i believe, correct me if i'm wrong) the responder le technology has an advertised range of about 2000' and is designed for auto/manual. Also, instead of the lcd, they use "ghost light" leds and it also display climate comfort level (even tho there are other brands that will show you exact temp this one just lights up 1 to 5 leds to tell you how warm the interior of the vehicle is.)

whoo, now i'm winded....so

to sum it up, if you dont want to have to remember to leave your car in neutral, go with one designed for a manual cuz it will require that you put it in neutral to remote start. if you just dont care, bypass the clutch and pretend its an auto.

hope this helps
Old Apr 7, 2008, 10:42 AM

Can anyone post a how to on this????
Old Apr 7, 2008, 10:56 AM

Can anyone post a how to on this????
What exactly are you looking for? like step-by-step with pictures? install will vary depending on what product you are putting in. I can post the wire colors/locations if you want.

and don't get me wrong, i'm all about the diy, but if you are not familiar with this kind of stuff i would recommed either having a KNOWLEDGABLE friend help or just get it done professionally.

i'll be of any help i can tho.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 11:01 AM

The reason most shops won't do this sort of thing is for the simple fact it is illegal in most states due to inspection reasons. My friend got one installed in Jersey and when he had to get his car inspected by the state they failed him due to the remote start. They said it was for safety reasons. However you can find some shops that will do it only cause it gives them business.

Quick Reply: Remote Start On 5 Speed