Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Remote Start On 5 Speed

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2008, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cdx280
What exactly are you looking for? like step-by-step with pictures? install will vary depending on what product you are putting in. I can post the wire colors/locations if you want.

and don't get me wrong, i'm all about the diy, but if you are not familiar with this kind of stuff i would recommed either having a KNOWLEDGABLE friend help or just get it done professionally.

i'll be of any help i can tho.
Wire colors and locations would be great. Also, any tips and tools i will need would be helpful. I hate starting something and have to stop to go find a tool.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by 06BlackES
Wire colors and locations would be great. Also, any tips and tools i will need would be helpful. I hate starting something and have to stop to go find a tool.
I can post the wires later tonight for you.

As far as tools go...this should be fun...

multimeter
wire strippers/cutters
drill
panel poppers
knife
can't remember if you need any sockets off the top of my head
etape
zip ties
soldering gun (if you want to do it the right way)
i'm sure there's others that i can't think of but when I post the wires i'll add anything i forgot.

you'll also need a second key (and not a copy made from walmart, you'll need the actual transponder key) and a bypass module. let me know if you have questions about this.

and PLEASE verify all the wires with a meter. i've seen enough rs/alarms installed by people not knowing what they were doing or wiring up with outputs/inputs and nothings worse than fixing/cleaning up a remote start that is a wiring disaster

good luck

Last edited by cdx280; Apr 7, 2008 at 11:22 AM. Reason: fogot some info
Old Apr 7, 2008, 11:23 AM

Thanks alot, yes please post the colors and other stuff up, i will be trying to do it this weekend. i need to get a mulitmeter and soldiering gun.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 11:26 AM

ok, just dont go really cheap on either one of those. and actually, you can get a decent craftsman meter from sears for like 20-30 bucks. it wont do everything in the world, but it will get you by for the job at hand.

and get a butane soldering gun, much better than electric and no power cable to worry about. figure spending a bare min of 50-60 for an okay/almost decent one.

oh yeah, what product are you putting in?

Last edited by cdx280; Apr 7, 2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOlutioner
The reason most shops won't do this sort of thing is for the simple fact it is illegal in most states due to inspection reasons. My friend got one installed in Jersey and when he had to get his car inspected by the state they failed him due to the remote start. They said it was for safety reasons. However you can find some shops that will do it only cause it gives them business.
is this true? i've never heard of that, it sounds kind of odd

it's not illegal in Wisconsin..at least not as far as i know
Old Apr 7, 2008, 02:41 PM

---06BlackES, is your car 06 or 08? your name leads me to believe 06 but your profile shows 08.

i've never heard of it being illegal in pa and i've had multiple cars w/ manual inspected with the remote start installed. however, i usually disable cuz i dont want one of the mechanics accidentally starting it with the car in gear by playing with the buttons on the remote.

maybe other states have different laws, but i have never heard of that.

anyway, heres the wiring colors. i couldnt get it to copy right from the pdf (it was too big to post) but its all here and then some.

THESE ARE FOR A 2006 LANCER. IF YOU NEED COLORS FOR A DIFFERENT YEAR, LET ME KNOW AND I WILL POST THEM TOMORROW.

Turn Signal (Right) yellow + driver kick, harness to rear
Turn Signal (Left) lt. green or white/blue + driver kick, harness to rear
Hazards white - hazard switch
Parking Lights (-) N/A
Parking Lights (+) green/yel (L), green/wht (R) + white plug bottom of fuse box
Disarm Defeat white 5wi passenger kick, door harness
Unlock Motor white 5wi driver kick, door harness
Lock Motor blue/red 5wi driver kick, door harness
Power Unlock lt. green - driver kick, door harness
Power Lock purple to yellow - driver kick, door harness
Can Bus Sw
Can Bus Low
Can Bus High
Data Bus
Key Sense blue ignition harness
Third Accessory
Second Accessory blue/white (not required) + ignition harness
Accessory blue/black + ignition harness
Third Ignition N/A
Second Ignition N/A
Ignition black/white + ignition harness
Second Starter N/A
Starter black/yellow + ignition harness
Second 12 Volts
12 Volts white (40A) + ignition harness
Item Wire Color Polarity Wire Location
Right Front Heated Seat
Left Front Heated Seat
Mirror Defroster
Rear Defroster
Fuel Pump
Clutch Pedal
Neutral Safety
Wait to Start N/A
Tachometer black/yellow or black/green ac either ignition coil
Trunk Alarm Shunt
Disarm No Unlock see factory alarm disarm
Factory Alarm Disarm gray - driver kick, door harness
Factory Alarm Arm arms with lock
Power Sliding Door (Right)
Power Sliding Door (Left) N/A
Fuel Door Release
Trunk Release Motor
Trunk Hatch/Release N/A
Hood Pin N/A
Rear Glass Pin
Trunk/Hatch Pin green/orange - light in trunk
Dome Supervision use door trigger wire
Right Rear Door Trigger
Left Rear Door Trigger
Right Front Door Trigger
Left Front Door Trigger white - white plug bottom of fuse box
Reverse Light brown + driver kick, harness to rear
AutoLights
Headlight red/yellow (L), pink (R) + engine compartment relay box
Right Rear Speaker (+/-) lt. green - yellow/green +,- radio harness
Left Rear Speaker (+/-) white/blue - yellow/red +,- radio harness
Right Front Speaker (+/-) red - green +,- radio harness
Left Front Speaker (+/-) red/white - red/blue +,- radio harness
Power Antenna yellow + radio harness
Factory Amp Turn-on N/A
Radio Illumination green/white + radio harness
Radio Ignition blue/yellow + radio harness
Radio Ground (chassis)
Radio 12V red/black + radio harness
Memory Seat 3 N/A
Memory Seat 2 N/A
Memory Seat 1 N/A
Sun Roof (Limit/Close) N/A
Sun Roof (Open/Close) motor part of module
Right Rear Window (Up/Down) blue/black - green/yellow A driver kick, door harness
Left Rear Window (Up/Down) white - blue A driver kick, door harness
Right Front Window (Up/Down) blue/white - black/white A driver kick, door harness
Left Front Window (Up/Down) red/black - green/black A driver window switch in door
Wipers blue/red (L), orange (H) + windshield wiper motor
Horn Trigger blue/red or red - horn switch
Parking Brake blue/red - parking brake switch
Brake Wire green + brake pedal switch
Speed Sense white/black or black/red data link connector

Last edited by cdx280; Apr 7, 2008 at 05:19 PM. Reason: specify vehicle
Old Apr 7, 2008, 02:46 PM

oh yeah, most remote starts give you to ways of determining if the car is running. you can either use the tach wire or use voltage sense.

people will recommend that you use tach (which in certain cars you absolutely have to), but if you're not doing an alarm and already running wires through the firewall for the siren, i would just use voltage sense. if anyone wants to argue that it doesnt work as well, feel free, however in my experience i have never had a problem with this and it does save (a little) time to do the install.

but on that note, i digress. enjoy.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 07:43 PM
Account Disabled

here in texas its illegal that may be why they wont install it
Old Apr 9, 2008, 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

I am looking at the Matix Series alarms by Clifford (DEI) The remote start on that one works well you leave the car running get out and arm the car and it turns off the car to insure that it is not in gear. The remote start is disabled unless it is armed in this fashion. Just my 2 cents...
Old Apr 12, 2008, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

i just bought the python 990 and it has a 2 way lcd remote and every feaure out there + a one mile range
Old Apr 12, 2008, 06:43 PM

while auto-start may not be illegal in all states (havent check laws yet) in know it is frowned upon prety much everywhere in the south. In the shop i worked at, before i joind the USAF, we didnt install on manual trannies because if you get caught you loose your liscense and there is a huge fine. did that stop US from putting it OUR cars,no. we went as far as installing an actuator on the throttle cable to rev the engines.(side note; if you rev the engine while attempting to start the car in gear it WILL drive. its cool to see peoples reactions seeing a car go down the street with no one behind the wheel.) before anyone gets all upset the street was OURS and OURS only it only went around to our install bays and was about 3/4 miles long anyway.
IF you can find a shop that will do it expect to pay extra and get no reciept
Old Apr 12, 2008, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

lmao me and this one kid that does installs are putting it in
and btw ended up getting hte python 990

Last edited by Sofla GTS; Apr 12, 2008 at 08:41 PM.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sblvro
I installed the compustar myself and a DIY will defeat the purpose of the alarm. the remote start in the compustar doesn't need sensors or switches to detect that you are not in gear. It will not start if you are in gear period! Because of their "reservation" mode, that means the engine is running when you pull out the keys and lock the car(either as a turbotimer or remote start mode) will indicate that the car is not in gear. search is your friend in this site.
Your telling me that you were able to start the car without the pedal switch?

I believe even with that system like this and the vipers that provide output with a remote start, that clutch switch still needs to see a signal to believe the clutch is pressed. Therefore yah you can remove the switch altogether and yes your car will have to enter reservation mode through your alarm to engage the remote start, but if the clutch switch is still there and has not been disconected this wire will still need to recieve a signal to make the vehicle start.

Correct me if I am wrong. But personally I would want the clutch switch to remain in tact just incase my car was in gear and I started it with a key without depressing the clutch. Yes it would be a rare occurence but I wouldn't rule it out.

Thanks,
John
Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:58 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by johnjonfenomeno
Your telling me that you were able to start the car without the pedal switch?

I believe even with that system like this and the vipers that provide output with a remote start, that clutch switch still needs to see a signal to believe the clutch is pressed. Therefore yah you can remove the switch altogether and yes your car will have to enter reservation mode through your alarm to engage the remote start, but if the clutch switch is still there and has not been disconected this wire will still need to recieve a signal to make the vehicle start.

Correct me if I am wrong. But personally I would want the clutch switch to remain in tact just incase my car was in gear and I started it with a key without depressing the clutch. Yes it would be a rare occurence but I wouldn't rule it out.

Thanks,
John
it is not a separate clutch switch. I just added a relay in the clutch switch to work like oem-meaning you still have to press the clutch to start the vehicle normally. but if you are using remote start and with the reservation mode, all you need to do is after stopping, pull the e-brake, take out the key(engine still running) and get out of the car. if activated the turbo timer, the engine will still run after you close the driver side door. if it is the remote start that you activated, the engine stops as soon as you close the door and the alarm arms and locks itself and shutting the engine off in the process.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sblvro
it is not a separate clutch switch. I just added a relay in the clutch switch to work like oem-meaning you still have to press the clutch to start the vehicle normally. but if you are using remote start and with the reservation mode, all you need to do is after stopping, pull the e-brake, take out the key(engine still running) and get out of the car. if activated the turbo timer, the engine will still run after you close the driver side door. if it is the remote start that you activated, the engine stops as soon as you close the door and the alarm arms and locks itself and shutting the engine off in the process.

remote start ribbon harness to pin 86 on the relay, pin 85 should go to 12v switched ING.

cut the clutch switch wire in the car one side goes to pin 30 the other to 87a

so when rs is activated the switch will go to 87 closing the circuit one way.. While starting the car normally the switch rests at 87a and pressing the clutch will close the connection.

Does this sound right?

Quick Reply: Remote Start On 5 Speed