Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Remote Start On 5 Speed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2008, 12:50 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by johnjonfenomeno
remote start ribbon harness to pin 86 on the relay, pin 85 should go to 12v switched ING.

cut the clutch switch wire in the car one side goes to pin 30 the other to 87a

so when rs is activated the switch will go to 87 closing the circuit one way.. While starting the car normally the switch rests at 87a and pressing the clutch will close the connection.

Does this sound right?
must be right. I installed it almost 2 years ago and don't have the exact readouts/diagram.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 12:10 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
i unplugged my BACK clutch sensor. the one that detects FULL CLUTCH ENGAGEMENT. not the front one that detects when the clutch is full OUT.

works great. i don't have the factory 2-step any more.. but i can live with that.

i'm in the process of wiring in a relay to make it work again. cake.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
always leave a car in neutral becasue if you are parked on a hill and its in a gear. You can wear you gears out because of the pressure you leave it under
Old Oct 13, 2009, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the reason everybody is telling you to leave it in neutral is beacuse you will lauch your car down the street or drag it. working in an install bay you always hear stories about manuals with start in them. my buddy started his car into his managers and it lefted his car off of the ground. the rear bumper was almost through the windshield. so just be careful. it can be done. most shops won't do it for that reason. some mom and pop shops will do it but then you have to worry about install quality
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Both Viper, Clifford (higher end models) and Compustar have a manual trans mode which means you have to perform a certain sequence getting out of the car. If you leave it in gear and get out the car, it WILL NOT remote start since the alarm knows you did not do the sequence. I have one on my GSX and even though its sometimes a pain getting out to activate it properly, its a fail safe way to do it. Its only on certain alarm models so I'd suggest staying away from doing a cheaper remote start kit and thinking that you'll always leave it in nuetral.

Also, the comment about wearing out the gears by parking in gear is news to me...
Old Oct 21, 2009, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is the one I'm thinking about getting for the Evo.

http://www.viper.com/P-5902V/Viper-5...e-Start-System

http://www.viper.com/Media/ResponderHD.wvx

I'm not sure which Clifford model is the twin as this one but I do have last years Clifford in my GSX and been happy with it. Keep in mind, the mile range is more like 1/8-1/4 mile when it has to go through walls. I found an installer locally that will hook up the remote start on the 5 speed. Most larger shops will not do this even though its totally safe to do. This model sells online for $350 and most installers want $100-$200 for labor.