Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Big Scare

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2003, 05:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it would be a little better getting an actual speaker selector that selects both the + and - of one set of speakers at the same time, whereas a 3 position toggle will only toggle the + OR - line at any time. just a thought.
Old Aug 6, 2003, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

ya, good thought. i still might scrap the 15" though. i've had some good times with that sucker, but that was when i had t-tops. with a regular 4-door with windows rolled up you dont need that much sound.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

little outta budget bin a, little outta b.

here's what i'd do. run sub 1 off of channel 1. sub 2 on chan 2. scrap the home stereo sub. run those 6x9's off your h/u. is it a problem if they play at all times? your amp prolly can't run 2ohms stably, which is what i'm guessing your setup has them at. that'll fry an amp damn quick.
or do it all right, get a monoblock amp for your subs, and use that amp for either the 6/9's or some nice components.
find out your system's specs tho for sure. amp and subs, and at what resistance.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

i went back and re-read some of the noob stuff i skipped over, and definatly think you should run just the subs off that amp. it should sound really nice. those 6x9s should run off your headunit or something. i wouldn't try to get them going on the sub. especially running 150 watts rms through them. boom boom bye bye.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 10:56 PM
Evolving Member

alright, i gotta know, will it be safe to run 1 sub on each channel? or will it be too much power, because both of them on 1 channel sounds like they are pushin it, but i dont know. won't it be twice as much power if i separate them?

also, how should i run the 6x9's from the hu? should i just split the rears and have that run 4 speakers? i guess it wouldnt be a problem having them run all the time, but i would rather have them switched because they face out the trunk, so it's not really necessary to have them on. maybe i could set up a switch to select either the rears or the 6x9s???

thanks a lot perfdrug. you gave me some new options
Old Aug 10, 2003, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Dr Crash

cupoznj: 3 8ohm loads in parallel does not make a 2ohm load. check your governing laws of electricity before posting incorrect information. impedances in parallel are governed by the equality as follows; (1/impedance of system)=(1/load 1)+(1/load 2)+etc. so then by this equality it is proven that 3 8ohm loads will give a total impedance in the circuit of 2.666666.... or 2.67 for simplicity. next is the issue of mixing speakers of different impedance; no problem doing this. in short all the amp sees is the total circuit impedance, no matter what the individual loads are. however, this being said, power will be routed differently depending on load size and therefore individual speakers would be receiving different amounts of power, which really isn't an issue since you can't hear the difference anyway.
yeah, i did it before thinking, i know the governing laws of electricity thank you, but thanks for correcting my post.
Old Aug 13, 2003, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

cup: sorry to come across harsh i just hate it when some of the other people post and don't know what they are talking about. no disrespect or anything
Old Aug 14, 2003, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

no harm no foul...yeah i know exactly what you are talking about.

i was probably not paying attention and just thought 2^3....but yeah good call.