Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

2-Way Pager Alarm Experiences???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2003, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2-Way Pager Alarm Experiences???

I have noticed that a couple of companies now carry this 2-way paging technology. I am looking to get an alarm very soon and looking to get people's input on this alarm. The alarn looks cool as hell, but it costs about $100 more than other alarms and the range is only suppose to be about a couple of blocks. Has anyone had a positive encounter with this alarm (i.e. preventing breakin, catching thief, etc.)?
Old Jul 30, 2003, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Most alarms (2way and one way) are using a combo of FM/AM to transmit the signal. FM travels further than AM and AM/FM combined. The latest trend is FM to FM, which offers the greatest range. There is only one company out there that offers anything greater than FM to FM. That company is Compustar. The have an FM spread spectrum unit that will go up to 1.25 miles. In real world terms that means it will make it to underground parking in most cases. The price of this technology is not cheap. To make up for the distance, the remothe control is a lot bigger than average. The remote is about the size of a very small pager. In perspective, it uses a AAA battery. The longer range means the alarm should work inside shopping malls and such. Check it out at Compustar.org. Compustar is the originator of the 2way alarm, FM to FM transmission and Spread Spectrum transmission via auto alarm. No, I don't work for them. Just have a hard-on for their tehnological advances.
Old Jul 30, 2003, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

They go nuts. Personal Experiance. They tend to go crazy on you.
Old Jul 31, 2003, 06:38 AM
Evolving Member

I have an fm to fm paging alarm, it works from inside buildings ans malls and everything. They told me it has a range of about 1.5 Kilometrs. The remote isn't that big and you can even have your orignal keyless entry switched onto the alarm remote. mine came with an optional automatic starter featur but I didn't really feel the need for it. So far I ahve not had any problems with break in/theft but I also have 4 LEDs to let people know to stay away. I have a lot of stuff thats visable to people too like an lcd screen and have still not had any problems.

I strongly think it worth the extra money. I don't even think there is much point of getting an alarm without the 2 way paging function. They really don't work anymore.
Old Jul 31, 2003, 06:45 AM
Account Disabled

Works great for me. This thing works from the 6th floor of my building to my underground garage parking lot. I can check the status, autostart, lock/unlock, everything from up here. Good stuff. Oh yeah I have a compustar.
Old Jul 31, 2003, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

one thig you got to think about is if you are really gonna need the pager. i opted not to get the pager. why u say? well, im not gonna drop what im doing to run to my car. pager technology is getting better. shows you what triggered your alarm, the location, the intensity but if its just gonna be the lower end pager models that just tell u that ur alarm was set off, then i wouldn't get it. only the higher end ones i'd consider
Old Jul 31, 2003, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

I paid $500 for mine installed and it does everything you just mentioned. My sensativity is sett very low, so low someone would more or less have to be denting my car to set it off. So I don't care whats happening or what I'm doing. If my alarm is going off, I'm funning as fast as I can to see whats up.
Old Aug 3, 2003, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

keep in mind the range. if you park your car 3 miles from your desk or whatever then it won't help you at all. however if your car is close enough like kidnice, then it will alert you to anyone tampering with it and you can run down the 6 floors to beat the hell out of the person. i live in a basement apartment and can't see/hear my car if someone were to break in, therefor i have the pager so that it will alert me. mine is completely covered with hood/trunk/door pins, dual stage shock sensor, tilt sensor (protect rims) and radar sensor (motion near car). so i know if someone is f&*king with it
Old Aug 8, 2003, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

I am also in the market for a alarm system.
Does anyone has any experience with the Clifford RS 3 system?
Supposedly Clifford's best and latest system, and how it compares with Compustar?
What is the best on the market?

Thanks in Advance.

Wilson
Old Aug 11, 2003, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

My boy has a Clifford system in his Lexus, it's super sensitive and has all the bells and whistles. It used to be super sensitive and go off when the wind blew but you can control how much it can be tampered with before it pages you. He has nothing but good things to say about it, so I hope that helps somewhat, not sure of the exact model he owns but it looks sweet.
Old Aug 11, 2003, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

i had fun once i got a 2 way alarm but it gets old after a while once you experience it so i went back to normal alarms. plus it gets dangerous with 2 way start..
Old Aug 11, 2003, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

i love it
Old Sep 1, 2003, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a viper 790vx and and the hornet unit. Both are good pieces but I actually like the hornet unit better, more functions and I think works better all around.
Old Sep 1, 2003, 11:43 AM

compustar is a great
Old Sep 1, 2003, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Realistically speaking, if you are 1 mile away from your car (assuming certain models can go that far), what will you do when it goes off? Let's say you're in a theme park. Will you just go "crap" and stare at the remote while the theif continues to hack away at your car?

Reason I ask this is because I think alarms are in a way, pointless. People have become null to them. By no means am I saying they're completely pointless, but the average person will just deactivate their alarms when it goes off and then look out the window just to make sure the car is still there, just because they don't wanna bother other people.

Quick Reply: 2-Way Pager Alarm Experiences???