Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

new install in my 05. 56k... LoL yeah right

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2008, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea i agree on the wire labeling i do the same....its a great organizational technigue
Old Jun 28, 2008, 04:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by yitzac1990
lol dont like sony. its not really the fact that "an amp is an amp, as long as you have the right power," its if the amp is CEA-2006 compliant, meaning it actually puts out what it says it puts out. Hifonics makes badass amps but sadly they arent compliant, so they put out a little bit less than what they say they do. idk about sony amps, but if it isnt compliant, that 900 watts will really only be like 600 MAX. that is why all those bigger brands are so expensive. all of kicker, jl, memphis, etc. are CEA-2006 compliant, meaning a kicker Warhorse DOES FOR SURE put out 10,000 watts RMS, AT LEAST. you get what you pay for
umm, the sony's are cea-2006 compliant.

I have more pics, but I'm just too lazy to post them at the moment. I'm moving and life is busy. speakers are in, amps are wired up fully, sub is in (crazy sub install... you'll all love it) and it sounds great.

Last edited by Kurt; Jul 1, 2008 at 05:51 AM.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

if you had read what i said more in depth, then you would have noticed that i didnt know if sony was compliant or not.

Last edited by Kurt; Jul 1, 2008 at 05:52 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

lol
but cant wait to see more pics
im waiting to get my payment for my paintbal gun and then i will have my subs and will begin dynamatting everthing
Old Jun 29, 2008, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

honestly I just thought that it was funny that you think that cea-2006 has any bearing on real world performance.

I'm considering rewiring the amps to use some rear fill to raise the stage and improve imaging and staging. I've got a set of DLS Iridiums around here I can throw in to try.

Last edited by Kurt; Jul 1, 2008 at 05:52 AM.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

BTW, my sub is a 15" adire brahma variant... (9" deep) and is taking up almost no trunk space in it's install... just as a teaser...
Old Jun 30, 2008, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

this is kinda what im going for and im makin the mitsu logo in frosted glass with blue lighting underneith
Old Jun 30, 2008, 09:15 PM

Nice!!! I used to own xplod produts before and I have respect for Sony. I'm amazed how those subwoofers can take a beatting. One problem I had with the amps was that they overheated on hot days and they would shut off and on, kinda like stuttering. Don't know about the new one, but should be fine. Now I got Atomic products with a Stinger Power2 SP1700 battery(58.5lbs!!!) in the trunk. I want to get the SP800 since they are lighter(24.lbs). Next thing is a high output alternator. Good luck on the competition.

Bass 1st

SQ 2nd

Last edited by hugador; Jun 30, 2008 at 09:17 PM.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 06:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sofla GTS

this is kinda what im going for and im makin the mitsu logo in frosted glass with blue lighting underneith

That's a nice look... my only beef with that particular install is that the whole triangle is raised... it'd look a lot better if the diamonds were separate, and the glasswork was stretched to make a more sweeping/clean look around them instead of the gay little flat triangles at the side.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

yea that was what i planned on doing
Old Jul 2, 2008, 09:45 PM
Evolving Member

D-d-d-d-d-d-d-a-a-a-a-a-a-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-n-n-n-n-n-n-n
Old Jul 3, 2008, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sassmaster
honestly I just thought that it was funny that you think that cea-2006 has any bearing on real world performance.
oh, but it does!!
Old Jul 19, 2008, 06:35 AM
Evolving Member

Here are some more pics... not a lot, but something to show hehe.

Door skin covered in sheet metal and two layers of eDead v1se

Prepped for the new mounting baffles and sprayed in truck bed liner

new baffles prepped and coated with truck bed liner to seal out moisture, note the T-nuts on the back for the 10-32 machine screws, also sealed in.

baffles installed

subwoofer wiring... wires are stripped, and then 1/16" of heat shrink applied at the end and crazy glued on to keep the strands together when the push terminals compress the wire, I wanted the wire to be loose so that the surface area is maximized, but the ends contained in case I have to uninstall/reinstall the sub, I don't want to damage anything.

Subwoofer installed, it is an infinite baffle configuration. The back of the woofer vents directly outside the car through the factory vent. I'm going to redo the install so that it's much prettier, but I wanted to check the configuration to make sure it would work.

Old Jul 19, 2008, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sassmaster
The back of the woofer vents directly outside the car through the factory vent.
if you mean its pretty much an open air woofer, then you will lose a lot of sound.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

again, you demonstrate that you really don't know what you're talking about. it's called an infite baffle installation, and yes, the output isn't as strong in the upper bass region, but it gains a tremendous amount of output in the lower bass region, and especially in the subbass region. it is not open air, as that would inply that the back wave and the front wave can meet, it is completely sealed off between the back and front wave, but because there is no pneumatic suspension, the woofer is allowed to reproduce the signal much more accurately because there is no box induced power compression.

there are hundreds of IB systems in cars in competition, most seal off the trunk from the cabin, I've gone a step farther and vented rght out of the car.

if you like "loud" bass that sounds like a fat guy with diahrrea farting into a tin can, then it's probly not the alignment for you.

Quick Reply: new install in my 05. 56k... LoL yeah right