Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

new install in my 05. 56k... LoL yeah right

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2008, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sassmaster
again, you demonstrate that you really don't know what you're talking about. it's called an infite baffle installation, and yes, the output isn't as strong in the upper bass region, but it gains a tremendous amount of output in the lower bass region, and especially in the subbass region. it is not open air, as that would inply that the back wave and the front wave can meet, it is completely sealed off between the back and front wave, but because there is no pneumatic suspension, the woofer is allowed to reproduce the signal much more accurately because there is no box induced power compression.

there are hundreds of IB systems in cars in competition, most seal off the trunk from the cabin, I've gone a step farther and vented rght out of the car.

if you like "loud" bass that sounds like a fat guy with diahrrea farting into a tin can, then it's probly not the alignment for you.
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxes1.asp

so how does yours compare?

btw, first place in class, Street B db drag
Old Jul 21, 2008, 03:51 AM
Evolving Member

so you like the fart bass... good for you, I used to dBdrag, but then I grew up.

That article is probly showing the absolute worst way to impliment an infinite baffle installation I've ever seen. and to call it the easiest is completely moronic. a true IB installation is about 10 times more work than a normal box because you have to completely seal off the back of the woofer from the front, so you can't just slap in a board, you have to seal every hole that could let the tiniest amount of air through, which can take weeks.

When done properly, not half assed like that article suggests, you will gain a lot of output in the lowest frequencies.

and for that I can cite a "holy crap" from a top international sound judge, and the head judging trainer for IASCA after he heard my car.

and first place in dBdrag means nothing unless you actually beat someone, at world finals.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

lol well it was my first time, too
Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

any updates on this killer system?