Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

new install in my 05. 56k... LoL yeah right

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2008, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new install in my 05. 56k... LoL yeah right

There's lots of pics here, and even more in my photobucket install log, but I'll hit the highlights for you.

The install isn't done by any stretch of the imagination, but it's slowly getting there.

New wiring, all loomed, colour coded and tied down every 6 inches:

Wires are terminated and labelled

Amps test fitted on amp rack. I don't have a fold down seat so the two at the bottom in this pic actually sit between the trunk and the back seat.

amp rack in the trunk, ready for amps, sprayed with a light coat of truck bed liner for a durable coating.

back of the amp rack.

amps installed.

that's it for today, many more pics to come. next is the mids and tweeters
Old May 3, 2008, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

awhhhhhhhhhhh why sony anything but sony dude
Old May 3, 2008, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

Wow!!!!! how much all that dynomat weigh?
Old May 3, 2008, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sofla GTS
awhhhhhhhhhhh why sony anything but sony dude
a supreme display of ignorance if ever I've seen one. I've installed, tuned and used MANY different kinds of amps, from DLS (uber high end swedish) to memphis, to Tru Technology, to Kicker, to Kenwood, to Sony, to JL audio, to umm... lets just say the list can go on and on.

Bottom line is that as long as there is enough power that the amps will not go into clipping, there is absolutely no discernable difference between amplifiers. If you think you can hear it, contact Mr Richard Clark, since he's put up $10,000 in cash to anyone who can hear the difference between any two amps 20 times out of 20. it's been a LONG time that he's had that challenge out there, and not one person has come close to claiming the prize.

I'm running 900 watts RMS to my front speakers... if that's not enough power to make the amp brand meaningless, then I'll upgrade.

All that said, if I was running 100 or even 300 watts RMS to my front stage, I would buy a "better" amp brand, because then I would have more confidence in the amp.
Old May 3, 2008, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jamerin
Wow!!!!! how much all that dynomat weigh?

I believe the shipping weight was 200 lbs. plus the amps, 42 lb subwoofer, etc etc etc.

I think the wiring weighs almost 100 lbs...

this car is for IASCA competition, not for racing.
Old May 3, 2008, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sassmaster
a supreme display of ignorance if ever I've seen one. I've installed, tuned and used MANY different kinds of amps, from DLS (uber high end swedish) to memphis, to Tru Technology, to Kicker, to Kenwood, to Sony, to JL audio, to umm... lets just say the list can go on and on.

Bottom line is that as long as there is enough power that the amps will not go into clipping, there is absolutely no discernable difference between amplifiers. If you think you can hear it, contact Mr Richard Clark, since he's put up $10,000 in cash to anyone who can hear the difference between any two amps 20 times out of 20. it's been a LONG time that he's had that challenge out there, and not one person has come close to claiming the prize.

I'm running 900 watts RMS to my front speakers... if that's not enough power to make the amp brand meaningless, then I'll upgrade.

All that said, if I was running 100 or even 300 watts RMS to my front stage, I would buy a "better" amp brand, because then I would have more confidence in the amp.
i did not state anything about sound
im saying quality
they call them xplod for a reason
Old May 4, 2008, 04:32 AM
Evolving Member

Have you ever actually used one of those amps, or are you just talking smack because it makes you feel like you know what you're talking about?

Sony has made some great improvements over the last few years in their quality, and I'm willing to take a chance on them.

most problems with amps are caused by know-it-all, backyard butcher installers who are actually clueless, and screw something up which causes the amp to release the magic smoke. most ppl who buy more expensive amps pay someone else to install them, and so they generally get a better installation, and have less problems.
Old May 4, 2008, 04:38 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Sassmaster
Have you ever actually used one of those amps, or are you just talking smack because it makes you feel like you know what you're talking about?

Sony has made some great improvements over the last few years in their quality, and I'm willing to take a chance on them.

most problems with amps are caused by know-it-all, backyard butcher installers who are actually clueless, and screw something up which causes the amp to release the magic smoke. most ppl who buy more expensive amps pay someone else to install them, and so they generally get a better installation, and have less problems.
you're so right about that. obviously you know what you're talking about. Nice project by the way
Old May 4, 2008, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

lmao well not to mention i work in car audio sales at a car boutique.......and then i perform all the work on my car.....i did the amp bypass on my 08 S&S package and there are no audio diagrams out there that are available so i had to figure it all myself
Old May 4, 2008, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

I've never met a car audio salesperson who had any clue whatsoever. I've helped build 2 world champion SQ cars, with amps that we purposely modified to make sure nobody knew what it was because of exactly your reaction "Oh no, not them" and everyone wanted to know what they were after the big trophies got handed out.
Old May 4, 2008, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

Why don't you go ***** someone elses thread? Apparently your a little jealous of someones setup
Old May 4, 2008, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

lmao okay how shud i be jealous dude i just stated the reliability on those amps arent as good as say getting a kicker or JL
i didnt say it would sound bad
and just wait till my system
and sass i did not mea to offend you in any way
Old May 4, 2008, 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

Im not a huge fan of Sony, but if they get the job done, then who cares what brand it is. I also think people spend WAY TOOO much money on JL and Kicker Amps, they are ridiculously overpriced! Anywayz, the setup looks good hommie! Post up some vidz of ur system when you are finished cause I wanna hear it!. One last thing, wss it hard to put dynamat in the trunk of our cars?
Old May 4, 2008, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

im not sayin sony is bad i mean an amp is an amp and power is always power its just reliability
but the reason i push kicker is cus i get around 75% off of it lol
Old May 4, 2008, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

DAMN. I would run KICKER stuff all day also. But for the average person $200 for a 150 watt RMS amp is Krazy!

Quick Reply: new install in my 05. 56k... LoL yeah right