Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Stock speakers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2003, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Stock speakers

My new Head unit is now hooked up. Having my center console and part of my dash out of the car, I took the opportunity to run some wires to hook the front stock speakers to an amp. I'm giving them about 75watts.

The amp gives out 150 X 2, So I turned the gain half way down, pushing only high's. Those speakers really surprised me. The sound is awesome I never expected them to give me such good audio. I know I'll probably blow them within the next week, but for now... they sound really good.

A few weeks ago I put some Jensen components in the rear deck, so next week, those speakers will take the place of the front stock ones.
Old Aug 9, 2003, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice work!
Would like to see pics.
Old Aug 9, 2003, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by babyevo
nice work!
Would like to see pics.
I've been trying to get a hold a digi cam for weeks It's never available. What part would you like to see a picture of? Speakers? Amps? Head unit? Whole trunk?

Speaking of trunk. That's another thing I have to work on now. I built a dual sub box a few months ago, but never used it so far. I didn't even put the baffle wall on, because I didn't know what kind of subs I'd put in there. Now I'm wondering If I should get only one good quality sub instead of 2 lower priced and use the second chamber to store the amps?
Old Aug 10, 2003, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually I posted this, babyevo forgot to log off at work and I thought I was logged on. Head unit, rear deck comp speakers. I just like seeing new things.