Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Polk or Sony ???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2003, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here I go again Hank......
I am a polk fan before I had my MOMO's i had the gnx's and they were great subs. however there are were problems with the low end for me. it wasent low at all. those subs are mostly for midrange bass if your wanting earth shattering bass your not even close, there are LOTSSSSSSSSSSSS better subs than both sony and polk u just have to know what u like. best of luck
Edit: I HHHHHHAAAAAAATTTTTTTTEEEEEEEE SONY
Best of luck

Last edited by Nero; Aug 16, 2003 at 07:24 AM.
Old Aug 16, 2003, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

well I decided to keep the Polk GNX subs for now. i am running them off of a ****ty 1000 watt sony amp which is actually perfectly power matched to them, but it will work for now. i just fully dynamatted my entire car so the bass alone frm my infinity speakers is pounding out a lot of bass and i need to set everything to my liking, but i think i will be upgrading to either audibahn or kicker subs within the next month if these polks dont hold up. thanks for the feedback guys, i appreciate it all

By the way Nero have you had any problems with the MOMO's. i have heard numerous times of people having theirs smoke up and just blow, but this is mostly from a lack of power because people don't pay attention to the power ratings. nice choice anyway, i was considering the same subs, but financially can not afford to buy two of them along with amps right now, car insurance SUX!!!!!
Old Aug 17, 2003, 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
funny you should ask that.... https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ighlight=MOMOS
I used to skome cigs... now i smoke momos
mainly it was because of the glue that was recalled and not running them at rms, or a bit above. also as a side note i have smoked 7 momos in my quest for mid bass. but now that my amps are tuned perfectly i have had no problems.... but my ears hurt.

have fun with your GNX's
Old Aug 17, 2003, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

lol Thanks bro, i cant believe you smoked 7 DAMN!!! but i went to circuit city today to see some of my friends and they told me i can trade in my GNX's any time toward the purchase of audiobahn equipment. i think this will be my next move or to possibly get the infinitys just because i have infinity 6000cs components in my car, but i'll keep everything updated, pics coming soon.....