Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Amplifer mounting location

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2003, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by neilscully

Sounds like you thought I was thinking of the back seats. I'm definitely talking front seats which don't seem to be encumbered with the problems you're talking about.

As for show, I'm not interested in showing anything off - this is a simple system designed to sound good, sound accurate. It won't be too loud and it won't be visible even if you're looking for it quickly.

And Hank... no need to be rude, dude... presentation really isn't important to me. I won't be showing this off at all. So long as it's cleanly installed, I don't care beyond that.
-N

i like hank's idea basically. just build a small amp rack out of wood and mount it in your trunk. that's what i'll probably do when i upgrade. you still have enough room in the trunk for stuff, don't have to worry about passengers kicking it or overheating, and if you want to ability to show it off, it's right there in the trunk. also makes things easier to change around or get at the wires if there is a problem or something.