Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

refuse to install sound system?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2008, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sofla GTS
obviously you havent used a cleansweep system or a 360.1 system
I am going to just disagree with you because we might have different taste's of what sounds good.

JL Audio is decent at best, mostly because they are cheap. This is why I will disagree with you.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

JL Audio is cheap......
Old Aug 13, 2008, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

JL Audio is cheap......

Is that all you have?

JL is cheap product, good for the masses but there is other product out there that would blow JL out of the water.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

I had a Best Buy install my amp and subs in my 08 GTS to my factory deck (non Nav) with no problems what so ever. They did have to install a toggle switch so I could turn off the power to the amp before I turned off the car, otherwise the subs would "pop" real loud when I turned off the car. I am not sure if that was something they did wrong or what... but whatever. The only reason I had that stuff installed with the factory deck is because I was impatient and wanted my subs in the car while waiting for my Avic D3 and double-din dash kit to come in. I would definitely recommend getting an after market deck just so you have more control over the amp/subs, but a good EQ or something similar would probably do the trick. And if you go with Fosgate, I would go with the P2's at the very least, I have heard the P1's and they sounded pretty bad. I had a pair of P2's which were pretty nice but I bought some Kicker CVR's to replace them, and have never looked back. Bottom line, imo get what you like and can afford. If your going for SPL then obviously you'll have to pony up a good amount of cash, but for just loud music you don't have to spend too much... Subs, Box, Amp, Line Converter (to install the amp) and a wiring kit.... and possibly a cap. Good luck and keep us posted on what you get.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dennis F
Is that all you have?

JL is cheap product, good for the masses but there is other product out there that would blow JL out of the water.
okay let me get my W6's to replace my temp punch subs and then well see how cheap it sounds
Old Aug 13, 2008, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

okay let me get my W6's to replace my temp punch subs and then well see how cheap it sounds
Wow, really?

Your w6 is a decent sub.... Decent at best.

Now compare it to something like a Nuclear GZNW 12SPL. Half the price and 3 times the power handling ability. It would take at least 2 w6's to overpower 1 of those bad boys.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

its not about power handling
its about frequencies and clarity in the music
my bass always sounds clean even if it loud
JL audio i clean and extremely loud
Old Aug 14, 2008, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

I know that, I used to build sound quality compitition cars for a living years ago when it was fun and you got good product for your money. I have hosted and judged quite a few shows over the years to boot.

I have yet to see or hear anything hit like one of those GZ's.... including any JL.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:05 AM

Its jensen or nothing baby!
Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:08 AM
sly
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tranceguy420
Its jensen or nothing baby!
Uhmm i`d take Kenwood over jensen anyday shoot i`d take sony over jensens due to the fact i`ve had so many problems with jensens.

not to sure what shop you went to i went to circuit city because i knew the guy and they gave me no problems + a great price. Their work was pro.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

The part the store was talking about is the AXXESS MITO-01. I have seen it online for over $150. But someone sells them for $95.

Also, look into using Audio Control LC7.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 10:44 PM
Evolving Member

jl audio is cheap?

hmm idk about all that..but im not trying to argue that point

memphis FTW

oh and jensen < the backside of my ***
Old Sep 6, 2008, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by J Money
jl audio is cheap?

hmm idk about all that..but im not trying to argue that point

memphis FTW

oh and jensen < the backside of my ***
Would have to agree, dont think i've seen/heard anything from jensen that didnt sound or look cheap. And if you can buy your car stereo from Walmart, generally I wouldnt classify it as being good.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

yeah that sounds like bs.. you can tap into your stock radio.. have you gone to a store like best buy or something? the one time i had stuff installed there years ago in my truck, they didnt have a problem using the stock head unit. and ive done it myself since then to my sisters car.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by TheShortBus
yeah that sounds like bs.. you can tap into your stock radio.. have you gone to a store like best buy or something? the one time i had stuff installed there years ago in my truck, they didnt have a problem using the stock head unit. and ive done it myself since then to my sisters car.
apparently one best buy fried a guys 08 lancer because they attempted this.. and had to pay for all the repairs on the car.. so they refused to work on my car unless i wanted to get a aftermarket deck...

anyways long store short... i got a metra kit and aftermarket deck.. had it installed on the weekend... minus the speakers...

has any of you had issues installing 6 1/2 inch speakers? i asked the guy to install mine.. but now he's charging me for adapters for the car, cuz the speakers don't fit? i thought the fit was 6 1/2 for the car?

Quick Reply: refuse to install sound system?