Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

stock Sound and navi package mod

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2009, 06:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stock Sound and navi package mod

Hi all, I just got a 2008 Lancer GTS fully loaded and with the sound and navigation package. I really like how it rides and the exhaust makes a special feeling when driving. The previous owner had some customization work done to the speakers and amps, he got rid of the whole stock speakers [Rockford Fosgate] and installed Alpine ones with a Pionner amp, now I am trying to make few changes and may revert some to its original condition.

First - I'd like to know if any of you know the model of the Fosgate amp and Sub it came with the original setting, I will need to get another amp to connect two extra 6x9 Kenwood plus the original subwoofer [he had another set of subs connected to a more powerfull amp - that he took out of the car before sellling it to me] and I need to find out the best power amp to feed them. In addition, I'd like to know what's the best recomendation as far as tweeters to replace the ones [already blown] on the door, I need to change the blown ones. Maybe the Fosgate P1T?

Second - His customization used the back channel on the navigation system/radio/player to feed the subs he had, now I am trying to revert to its original set, where the back channel will be dedicated to the back seat speakers, the new kenwood and the stock sub in the trunk. Does anyone knows the easiest way to reach the back of the nav system?

Third - The maps I have is dated back to 2005, is this latest? If not, may someone be kind enough to provide a link, so I could download the latest and greatest [US-Canada maps].

Fourth - Is there a way to import contacts to the nav and handsfree, via bluetooth? Either from a computer or a phone.

Thank you all in advance.

Baiano.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by baianomauricio
Hi all, I just got a 2008 Lancer GTS fully loaded and with the sound and navigation package. I really like how it rides and the exhaust makes a special feeling when driving. The previous owner had some customization work done to the speakers and amps, he got rid of the whole stock speakers [Rockford Fosgate] and installed Alpine ones with a Pionner amp, now I am trying to make few changes and may revert some to its original condition.

First - I'd like to know if any of you know the model of the Fosgate amp and Sub it came with the original setting, I will need to get another amp to connect two extra 6x9 Kenwood plus the original subwoofer [he had another set of subs connected to a more powerfull amp - that he took out of the car before sellling it to me] and I need to find out the best power amp to feed them. In addition, I'd like to know what's the best recomendation as far as tweeters to replace the ones [already blown] on the door, I need to change the blown ones. Maybe the Fosgate P1T?

Second - His customization used the back channel on the navigation system/radio/player to feed the subs he had, now I am trying to revert to its original set, where the back channel will be dedicated to the back seat speakers, the new kenwood and the stock sub in the trunk. Does anyone knows the easiest way to reach the back of the nav system?

Third - The maps I have is dated back to 2005, is this latest? If not, may someone be kind enough to provide a link, so I could download the latest and greatest [US-Canada maps].

Fourth - Is there a way to import contacts to the nav and handsfree, via bluetooth? Either from a computer or a phone.

Thank you all in advance.

Baiano.

Hey!

I dont have the Navi pkg, but I do have the Sun and Sound.
There is a Navi update DVD you can buy...its like $150+ and is the latest..released sometime earlier this year..check a few sites on here such as mitsubishiparts.net or your dealer.

As far as I know, the handsfree Bluetooth system in the Lancer, is just that, and NOT a means to transfer files (as you can do on a cell). As far as I know, I don't think there is an input on any of the stereo units in the Lancers...

As for the Fosgate amp...from threads I've read online, Mitsubishi teamed up with Rockford Fosgate to design an amp/sub units specifically for the car, and are NOT model numbers available for buying by general public.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 06:09 AM

Yeah, it sucks they don't allow you to sync the address book, it would make that much easier to have your contacts in there.

Regarding the update, yeah I knew about the DVD. I was just trying to see if I could find it online for free.

Old Nov 16, 2009, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, it sucks they don't allow you to sync the address book, it would make that much easier to have your contacts in there.

Regarding the update, yeah I knew about the DVD. I was just trying to see if I could find it online for free.

It's not possible to pirate the update because it requires a one time use "authentication key" that plugs into your navigation to verify the update is legit. You can read about this on the forums.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 07:26 AM

Thank you. I guess I am stuck with this 2005 map.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

Thank you. I guess I am stuck with this 2005 map.
I know your frustration, I have an 09 with 06 maps... the newer maps are still from 07 so it doesn't help much. I'm thinking about taking out the navi altogether and just going with a nice headunit.