Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

My new 12"s

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2010 | 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

that amp and those speakers will probably sound really awesome. JL and Memphis are some of the best! and dont you want bluetooth and USB on your radio?
Old May 7, 2010 | 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by yitzac1990
that amp and those speakers will probably sound really awesome. JL and Memphis are some of the best! and dont you want bluetooth and USB on your radio?
Well this radio u can buy the kit for bluetooth, but I never really use it, just my car came with it but w/e I always have it turned off cuz calls are kinda private when someone else is in the car and I hate to get a call halfway through a song I like.
Anyways Ima probably just end up buying an ipod and a little cable for this one since it doesnt have usb, I never bought an ipod cuz I really have no use for it, but ima prob buy a used ipod on craigs.
Old May 7, 2010 | 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

oh in that case, i highly suggest finding one with USB, because flash drives today go for like 10 bucks for 5 gigs+ and you can put a ****load of songs on there, plug it into the radio, and let it sit there all the time! and you dont have to worry about recharging the flash drive every few days.....
Old May 7, 2010 | 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

oh in that case, i highly suggest finding one with USB, because flash drives today go for like 10 bucks for 5 gigs+ and you can put a ****load of songs on there, plug it into the radio, and let it sit there all the time! and you dont have to worry about recharging the flash drive every few days.....
Yea I work in graphic design (sorta) so yea I have like 4 8Gb usbs and a couple 16 Gb usbs. Ima look into it, but... now I like the idea of having an itouch
Old May 10, 2010 | 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

bought a new itouch 3g for 80 bucks, its 8 gb. Ima have some pics up when I install the dash kit one of these days, I ordered it online, I also bought the radio the 9874.
Old May 20, 2010 | 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

Hey guys, really busy and what not but anyways, I'm a little worried, cleaning out the car I realized that theres a loose cable under the driver seat...
And I also realized that my remote ignition isnt working, dont know how long its been like this since I never use it, anyways, this is what the cable sorta looks like, anyone know what it is?

Last pic is a radio, that is just sitting under a seat until I have time to go install it.

Anyways, the first 3 pics is the cable, could it be a remote ignition cable? or?
Old May 29, 2010 | 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

Is there a way I can install an amp for the mids/highs without changing the radio?
Like maybe putting crossovers or something?
Old May 29, 2010 | 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

you would need a 4-channel line out converter, splice the speaker wires into those, then run the RCAs to the 4-channel amp. then speaker wire from the amp to all your speakers. if you do that, you HAVE to run the speaker wire through the door boots and directly to each speaker. trust me, I learned that lol
Old May 29, 2010 | 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

Do u reccomend not to do it then? I would probably get it done at a shop if I I'd it but would it sound bad? Static? Or something?
Old May 29, 2010 | 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

if you amped your speakers, of course it would sound better! i would also suggest getting aftermarket speakers while you're at it too...a shop will charge so much money...
Old May 30, 2010 | 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

Well I have 4 Memphis 6.5 speakers, and I wanna amp them but I don't wanna change the radio. Thts what the question was about. Would the speakers with an amp sound better with an aftermarket radio?
Old May 30, 2010 | 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

if you have an entire system, why not put a radio in, too? it just makes it a lot easier because they already have line outputs for RCAs and they are more controllable with the sound. it IS possible to amp them without changing out the OEM head unit, but why bother with the OEM head unit??

also, what 4-channel amp do you have?
Old May 30, 2010 | 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

if you have an entire system, why not put a radio in, too? it just makes it a lot easier because they already have line outputs for RCAs and they are more controllable with the sound. it IS possible to amp them without changing out the OEM head unit, but why bother with the OEM head unit??

also, what 4-channel amp do you have?
The controls on the steering wheel rock. And up to now I have been looking around and have found like 2 dash kits and supposedly none of them are a near-perfect fir on the car. (metra and schotche or something lke that)

Anyways I dont have an amp as of now but ill probably buy a rockford or jl amp.

I dont know Im thinking here dont know weather to keep the stock radio with bluetooth and the steering wheel controls, that only the volume will work since I will be using an ipod, are there radios or radio cables that work with some radios to let me control the ipod by the radio itself and the steering wheel controls, cuz looking at the ipod while driving is kinda dangerous.

actually its ridiculously dangerous...
Old May 30, 2010 | 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

there ARE radios that have built in bluetooth, USB inputs, and ipod controls, meaning you can control the ipod from the radio itself. and also, a company called PAC makes an adapter that retains factory steering wheel controls. so it is possible to have all the features of OEM and then some.....
Old May 30, 2010 | 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

Ould I need to buy a new Bluetooth cable for the new radio? Will the stock ones work. And what should I look for when looking for a radio like what is he thing for the steering wheel controls does it have a name

Quick Reply: My new 12"s