Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

My new 12"s

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2010 | 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

My new 12"s

EDIT: New things by the back but anyways newest things up here.
1. Their not 12s now their 2 15" Power HX2s

Vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fdf50HOef4

New amp for mids/highs which haven't installed

OLD!OLD!OLD!OLD!OLD!OLD!OLD!OLD!OLD!OLD!OLD!OLD! CONTENT BELOW!

2 12" Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2
1 Rockford Fosgate T1000-1BD Amplifier
I also stopped by walmart to buy a little license plate shield looks nice.

The box fits so good that it ALMOST DOESNT FIT! had to give it a little push to get it in there. Its like if the box was built for my car.

I still have to play around with the amp a bit and get it sounding nice, my cellphone takes decent pics but really bad video so, will post some vids up later.

Cellohone Vid: Beware: Horrible Quality
Pastor Troy: F.uck Them Nllgaz
***Video is only 30 seconds long because that is the max my cellphone allows me to send on a message and I took the video to send to a friend.
Pastor Troy- F.uck Them Nllgaz 2 12" HX2s

EDIT: And my trunk still has a lot of space

Last edited by On18s; Jun 16, 2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old Apr 5, 2010 | 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

Sold the 2 12"s and bought these 2 12" T1s, their dirty as hell Ill have some cleaner pics when I clean them... if I clean them... And I'll post some vids up, maybe.

Last edited by On18s; Apr 5, 2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old Apr 5, 2010 | 03:27 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Looks nice ....
Old Apr 6, 2010 | 06:30 AM
Evolving Member

I got a quick question, this is the amp I have, I wanted to know the frequency knob that goes from 30-100 what is the purpose of that is that the highest notes that it plays? so the lower I tune put it,will it only play deeper bass notes?

Edit: Yea thats exactly what I "think" it did. That sht sounds 10x sweeter now!

Last edited by On18s; Apr 6, 2010 at 07:57 AM.
Old Apr 9, 2010 | 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

the subs burned, I dont know whats wrong with them but my trunk smells like burned rubber(not really rubber but it smells bad), I threw a lime scented pine in there and closed the trunk (lol) anyways. I wanted to know if there was a way to fix this or should I just buy new subwoofers (and no, I dont want 2 12" Memphis street edge subwoofers, just in case someone decides to ask cough* cough*)

I never drive more than 15 mins to work or anywhere I go, today I went on an hour trip somewhere and after a while the car had a little funky smell to it, but the subs worked perfectly, (they just didnt sound as loud but worked) I got to the place and I turned off my car and when I got back to my car around an hour later, the subs still worked and after a good 10-20 minutes the bass just went off, and the car started to smell like if something was burning. The amplifier was hot but the "Power" button was still on. But then when I stuck my nose inside the box's port it smelled horrible so it must have been the subs that went. Since I bought em from a friend for 100 bucks and I sold the last ones for 150 I just lost 50 bucks but still.
Old Apr 9, 2010 | 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by On18s
the subs burned, I dont know whats wrong with them but my trunk smells like burned rubber(not really rubber but it smells bad), I threw a lime scented pine in there and closed the trunk (lol) anyways. I wanted to know if there was a way to fix this or should I just buy new subwoofers (and no, I dont want 2 12" Memphis street edge subwoofers, just in case someone decides to ask cough* cough*)

I never drive more than 15 mins to work or anywhere I go, today I went on an hour trip somewhere and after a while the car had a little funky smell to it, but the subs worked perfectly, (they just didnt sound as loud but worked) I got to the place and I turned off my car and when I got back to my car around an hour later, the subs still worked and after a good 10-20 minutes the bass just went off, and the car started to smell like if something was burning. The amplifier was hot but the "Power" button was still on. But then when I stuck my nose inside the box's port it smelled horrible so it must have been the subs that went. Since I bought em from a friend for 100 bucks and I sold the last ones for 150 I just lost 50 bucks but still.
HAHA i wont ask lol but Memphis IS Memphis and they are one of the best, underrated subs out there imagine saying "hey I have two 100 watt subs" LOL then you turn the stereo on, and it sounds like two 600 watt subs

did you push on the center of the subwoofers to see if they would move? if a sub is really blown, it will basically be rock solid and wont be able to move in and out freely. also, if you move it in and out and there is a scratchy feel/sound to it (its barely noticeable, really have to feel and get your ear right next to it), then they are on their way out.

oh and to answer your other question, the 30-100 Hz is basically how low you want the subs to hit.

Last edited by yitzac1990; Apr 9, 2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2010 | 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

hey na the subs like if I push them they go back and forth, but I disconnected them now just in case. (they still move back and forth) I dont know what it could be though, I actually had the volume at like ~3/45 cuz I was talking on the phone and when I turned the volume up again the bass was gone, so its not that I super over powered it continuously playing it.

EDIT: Dont know about the scratchy feel
Old Apr 9, 2010 | 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

hey na the subs like if I push them they go back and forth, but I disconnected them now just in case. (they still move back and forth) I dont know what it could be though, I actually had the volume at like ~3/45 cuz I was talking on the phone and when I turned the volume up again the bass was gone, so its not that I super over powered it continuously playing it.
hmm thats weird, id say your amp went into protect mode since you said it got so hot, but the power light is on? thats weird. is there only one LED next to Power? was the color red or green? sometimes an amp only has one light. if its green, its good, if its red, it went into protect mode.
Old Apr 9, 2010 | 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

I mean if I can fix them u think I should sell them cuz that guy still wants to sell me his 2 15" rockford power hx2s for 170 bucks now.
Old Apr 9, 2010 | 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by yitzac1990
hmm thats weird, id say your amp went into protect mode since you said it got so hot, but the power light is on? thats weird. is there only one LED next to Power? was the color red or green? sometimes an amp only has one light. if its green, its good, if its red, it went into protect mode.
Mthe amp has 3 lights, it has power, protect and something else. I did not see the amp untill I got home, which I drove all the way home with the stereo off. When I turned it on again the power button lighted up (blue which is normal).

The buttons are [power][thermal][protect]
my amp

Last edited by On18s; Apr 9, 2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2010 | 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

try the scratchy thing I said. you have to be real gentle and slow. try to feel if its scratchy at all, and if it is, its on its way out and its not really worth it to fix. id sell you my entire system for that or less (and can build a smaller box) lol im just not really a fan of RF

Mthe amp has 3 lights, it has power, protect and something else. I did not see the amp untill I got home, which I drove all the way home with the stereo off. When I turned it on again the power button lighted up (blue which is normal).
and you said the amp got real hot when the subs shut off, but the normal light was still on?
Old Apr 9, 2010 | 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

well when I got home, I park my car, turn on the radio again, open the backseat and touch the amp, it was really hot, smelled it but it did not smell like it was burnt, it was just hot. The power light turned on when I started the car radio when I got home.

the normal light= the power light, sorry dont know how to make this very clear.
Old Apr 9, 2010 | 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

well when I got home, I park my car, turn on the radio again, open the backseat and touch the amp, it was really hot, smelled it but it did not smell like it was burnt, it was just hot. The power light turned on when I started the car radio when I got home.

the normal light= the power light, sorry dont know how to make this very clear.
what ohm load are your subs? DVC or SVC? how are they wired?
Old Apr 9, 2010 | 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

oh man I dont know lol, I just hooked in there and "away we go"

U think it has a fix though, could it just be a cable or something? or...?

If u tell me how I can find out the ohm of the subs I can probably get back to u tomorrow on that
Old Apr 9, 2010 | 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

you probably wired them wrong. if the amp is getting an ohm load thats too low to be stable, the amp will overheat, but not always shut down. I had an MA Audio amp that did that when my subs were wired at 1 ohm to a 2 ohm amp.

just take the subs out of the box and look on the back and it should say the ohm load and if its SVC or DVC

Quick Reply: My new 12"s