Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Audio guru's need help...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2010, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audio guru's need help...

This is my setup:
Planet Audio 9765B
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...io_P9765B.aspx

Power Acoustik CPT1-2000
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...CPT1-2000.aspx

Rockford Fosgate T115D2
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...te_T115D2.aspx

My problem is the headunit stated it has subwoofer output but when I got the HU there was only one cable or female output for me to plug in my rca cables to run to the amp, so I put a Y splitter that had one male two female ends and plugged that into the HU's subwoofer output and plugged the two rca's into the other end of the Y splitter and ran it to the sub, however my sub's not working, I don't know if its a wiring issue or what, I checked all the wires on the sub to the box to the amp and they look good, I even switched out the ends of the rca cables that I have hooked into the amp, still not working, any help would be greatly appreciated, I will try and post pics of my setup next chance I get............
Old Jun 14, 2010, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

well, you get what you pay for

did you hook up the remote wire? does the amp power on?
Old Jun 14, 2010, 01:01 PM

Yea I know that, but I've heard that Planet Audio and Power Acoustik was actually a decent brand which is why I went with them......... And yes the remote wire is plugged in and yes the amp turns on, I'm thinking about just using the rear speaker rca's since im running the speakers off the stock wires..............
Old Jun 14, 2010, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

where did you hear that a $300 DVD flip out unit was good?? lol anyways, yeah if the amp powers on and everything, idk what it could be...maybe the radio has a subwoofer setting that is turned off?
Old Jun 19, 2010, 08:13 PM

I figured it out, it was the wiring on the inside of the enclosure............ Thanks though
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:22 PM

Planet audio is is junk. You're right, PA and PA is decent...so is dual and pyle....IF you have the understanding that they are made with everyone else's left overs and old designs. You can get some good stuff, believe me. I install a bunch of Dual and Power Acoustik at my work because a lot of people think "wow, I can get a lot more for less"...you get what you pay for. Go into bestbuy, for around 650 they should have a Kenwood. I think it's a KVT-514..something like that. It's a pretty nice unit. It's around 650, or atleast my store has it for that.lol
Old Jul 25, 2010, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mogace
Planet audio is is junk. You're right, PA and PA is decent...so is dual and pyle....IF you have the understanding that they are made with everyone else's left overs and old designs. You can get some good stuff, believe me. I install a bunch of Dual and Power Acoustik at my work because a lot of people think "wow, I can get a lot more for less"...you get what you pay for. Go into bestbuy, for around 650 they should have a Kenwood. I think it's a KVT-514..something like that. It's a pretty nice unit. It's around 650, or atleast my store has it for that.lol

If you want a decent system stay AWAY from best buy.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 12:19 AM

Besides the fact that bestbuy doesn't focus on developing their car-audio department, and they are usually expensive, what is your reasoning on why he should stay away from bestbuy? If it's price, by all means, go somewhere else.lol I only suggested bestbuy because of those couple of deals.