Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

HD Radio? 09 lancer R-F System?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lancer XI1
The hd radio is only for certain cities ..i.e like cali has a few hd channels but I d think you d have to install a anntena to recieve the receptions then pay for it like the satalite radio stations...oh and they cut out the minute you leave that city. Thats what my friend told me in cali that works at a station that also broadcasts in hd. He told me to avoid it and get satalite radio if I pay for music on the go. Or just get pandora and use your iphone, thats what I m doing..but I have 5gb a month for the data plan...
You do NOT have to pay for it. You install the HD capable head unit and off you go.
It's up to individual radio stations to broadcast in that format, so it's true you'd be wise to see if your local area stations are using it. I'd say at least half here in Atlanta are using it, maybe more.
I needed a new head unit anyway, so I went ahead and bought the HD one that is also satellite ready. It didn't increase the cost much if at all.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 03:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fe2o3
You do NOT have to pay for it. You install the HD capable head unit and off you go.
It's up to individual radio stations to broadcast in that format, so it's true you'd be wise to see if your local area stations are using it. I'd say at least half here in Atlanta are using it, maybe more.
I needed a new head unit anyway, so I went ahead and bought the HD one that is also satellite ready. It didn't increase the cost much if at all.
Umm ....i do have the sun and sound package....still no hd radio and i ve scanned through here 6 times. I do not believe utah would not have hd radio....next answer perfferable someone who owns our cars not a 8 yr old lancer.

Last edited by Lancer XI1; Jan 15, 2011 at 03:18 AM.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 01:45 PM

Umm ....i do have the sun and sound package....still no hd radio and i ve scanned through here 6 times. I do not believe utah would not have hd radio....next answer perfferable someone who owns our cars not a 8 yr old lancer.
No need to be a turd about it. Just trying to correct your misinformation regarding having to pay for HD radio. You don't. You either have a system that is HD capable or you don't. Not hard to find out what you have.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 01:56 PM

The hd radio is only for certain cities ..i.e like cali has a few hd channels but I d think you d have to install a anntena to recieve the receptions then pay for it like the satalite radio stations...oh and they cut out the minute you leave that city. Thats what my friend told me in cali that works at a station that also broadcasts in hd. He told me to avoid it and get satalite radio if I pay for music on the go. Or just get pandora and use your iphone, thats what I m doing..but I have 5gb a month for the data plan...
I only got the 2 gb data so I can't do as much streaming :/ but yeah I have satilite might just forget about the hd radio. We have hd here but nothing
Good

Last edited by Nizzydog717; Jan 16, 2011 at 01:10 AM.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish we could get an HD radio adapter or something for the MMCS. You don't have to pay for it, you get better quality sound, you can also get info such as song and artist, and it eliminates static.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Bladed
I wish we could get an HD radio adapter or something for the MMCS. You don't have to pay for it, you get better quality sound, you can also get info such as song and artist, and it eliminates static.
Yeah, it would be nice, my area just got 4 new HD radio stations so I could use it and enjoy it also.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 08:54 AM

Where do i post for a question about my AUX input , because I'm getting bad feedback through it and it's getting pretty annoying now, it's like a interference from the fm
Radio or something. (sry for going off topic lol) and I thing the new 2011's have hd radio in them if I'm not mistaking