Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

a mono amp and 4 chan amp 2 rca outs on HU

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2011, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a mono amp and 4 chan amp 2 rca outs on HU

I have the front deck currently powered off the HU, and the rear deck running into 1 chan on the 4 chan amp. I also have a run going from the line-out/sub-out on the back of the HU. Eventually I would like to be able to power the front deck to adjust my sound stage.

My question is this. Can I take two existing runs of RCA patch cables leave as is, switch the patch cable to the front channel, and power the front deck. Run the second patch cable to the Mono block amp, and then from the mono amp, run a patch cable from the passive preout to the rear chan on the 4 chan amp.

Could the sub out on the HU be ran in line out mode, or sub mode? Will this effect the quality of sound coming out of the rear deck? Will it alter the sound stage??

Will the sound still be stereo?

Thanks in Advance!
Old Mar 18, 2011, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am pretty familiar with car audio and quite honestly you have me baffled with what you wrote.

Let me get this straight...
#1 - You have a Front and Rear (Subwoofer) RCA outputs (So 4 total)
#2 - You are running the front rca outputs to your 4 channel amp for the rear speakers, and the sub off the rear outputs.

So what exactly are you trying to do?

You can create 6 rca outputs with splitters. -
http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-Car...item51982f5a9b

Sometimes an amplifier can have an output on the unit itself to "chain" amplifiers together.

Personally, I have the same setup with 1 mono amp for a sub and a 4 channel amp for the front and rear car speakers. I purchased a new headset that contained 6 rca outputs for the Front, Rear, and Subwoofer.

I love this HU: http://cgi.ebay.com/KENWOOD-EXCELON-...item5ada7f7a61

^ It has 6 rca outputs for all your additional audio needs, usb and auxilary and the rear which you can easily run to the glove box (or another secure spot) for safe storage of ipods or other devices.

Last edited by eusgen; Mar 18, 2011 at 03:48 PM.