Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

How to Install an Amp Wiring Kit

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2002, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to Install an Amp Wiring Kit

Well since some people don't know how to do this someone suggested to me that I make a thread of how to install an amp wiring kit. So here we go.

Tools:

Zip Ties

Rachet w/14mm Socket

Flatblade and Phillips Screwdriver

Vehicle Upolstery Removal Tool

Your 2 Hands

Step 1:Removing the passenger seat(optional)

Have the Phillips Head and 14mm Socket ready

Pop open the arm rest.(Important make sure the emergency brake lever is engaged/up) Remove all materials from the armrest storage compartment. Remove the 2 screws using the Phillips head and store them in a safe place. Gently lift the armrest from both the cupholder and bottom of the rear of the armrest NOTE: There are 2 mounting teeth located in the front of the armrest make sure not to loose the white plastic pieces attached to the teeth or you will have problems resecuring the armrest later. Remove the exposed bolt which is located by the emergency brake lever using the 14mm socket and rachet. Slide the Passenger seat fully foward and remove the other bolt located by the seat belt. Slide the Passenger seat fully reward and remove the 2 nuts holding down the front of the seat. Gently lift up the seat I recommend grabbing a firm hold of the seat cushion and lift it from the bolt studs while very carefully removing it from the car.

STEP 2:Removing doorsill paneling

Have the Flatblade Screw Driver and Upolstery Tool ready

Use either the flat blade or upolstery tool to get underneath the front passenger doorstep until you can get your fingers underneath it, then gently lift up and remove it. Make sure to keep it somewhere it will not get damaged. Slide your fingers underneath the panel covering the seatbelt post/b pillar gently pull the panel up starting at the bottom and working your way up being careful not to pinch your fingers between the panel and the post, until you have completely freed one side. Stick your hands underneath the mid-centers(where you actually sit down on NOTE: Do not do this while you're sitting on the rear seat cushion) of the rear seat cushion and pull the cushion up and out from the rest of the rear seat exposing the remainder of the plastic doorsill paneling. Take special not to the white upolstery fastener located in this panel and carefully either use the flatblade screwdriver or the upolstery removal too to release the fastener. Now remove the rest of the doorsill panel as before.

Step 3:Fishing the Power Wire

phew almost done....

Last edited by 2wdSQL; Aug 8, 2002 at 01:00 PM.
Old Aug 11, 2002, 08:58 PM

I ran my + cable through a grommet that was in the driver's side footwell, next to the clutch. It runs out into the fender then into the engine bay and my battery. Where did y'all run yours?
Old Aug 11, 2002, 11:14 PM

I did not need to take out my seat and i ran 4awg wire down the passengers side of the car. I had to take out the back seat and there was a hole were it will fit throughonce in the trunk i made a plywood board that fit in my tire well(after removing the tire and jack of course) and mounted all my amps and cap and crossovers there. If you have any questionss about anything related to car audio im me or email me i will let you know whatever you need to know and if i do not know i will find out for you.
Old Aug 12, 2002, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

but I have pictures