Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

passenger side front speaker rattle

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2004, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
passenger side front speaker rattle

Hey guys, before I get slammed for posting something that may have already been asked I wanted to let you all know I did a search first and just wanted to ask and make sure so please go easy on me

ok heres the question: I'm getting a strange rattle at certain bass frequencies with an all stock audio setup (gag... i'll be upgrading the head unit first... speakers later)

I was curious if the semi-useless tack welded piece I read about in another post could be to blame or if there was somehting else that coud be causing it. It sounds like something is loose and only happens with certain bass frequencies....really deep ones. If anybody has the new Lost Prophets album, just put on song 12 and put the volume up to 30 and wait about 3-4 seconds into the song and you'll hear what I mean as far as deep bass goes...

hopefully you guys can help me out, it's driving me nuts!
Old Mar 26, 2004, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Take your door apart and see what's doing it. See if there's anything loose in there. It only takes 5 minutes to take that door appart.
Old Mar 26, 2004, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

Question

i read in a sticky somewheres on here that you have to pull back the door molding to get at the screws to open the door panel... does that molding reattach readily or will I have to go out and buy some new molding for it?
Old Mar 27, 2004, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

You only gotta take out something like 5 screws. 1 behind the handle, 1 in the arm rest. 2-3 along the side (hidden by some sort of cap)
Old Mar 27, 2004, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

its probably the foam piece and the clear plastic thing holding it in. i had the same problem and thats what it was. its not held on the door very well. i just removed the foam piece.
Old Mar 27, 2004, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

gonna try it later today hopefully.. if not theres always tomorrow.. first gotta find out why my breakes are making the car go *bump* and *grinding noise* when i stop...
Old Mar 27, 2004, 08:13 PM
Account Disabled

Brake change time?
Old Mar 27, 2004, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

i guess it was just something wet... at least thats my guess... she only has 15k miles on her so the brakes should be good for at LEASt another 10k... they've got a lot of grip left to them yet

i drove her around and it went away... waited a while and it hasn't been back...

/back to topic

i tried to get into the door this afternoon but after removing the screws on the door lock, the handle and the two that have little buttons over them I couldn't get it off... and i removed the lock and window switch panel... i'm assuming there are clips in there i have to get past but how in the heck do I get to them to release them? I don't want to break anything and not be able to get the door back together :\
Old Mar 27, 2004, 08:44 PM
Account Disabled

yank the ****ing thing off.. dont be a wuss
Old Mar 28, 2004, 12:12 AM
Evolving Member

taking into consideration my technical and mechanical training... it's probably not the smartest thing in the world to yank it off... me and my sis both pried and pulled at the same time and it wasn't budging... like i said, how do i release it?
Old Dec 27, 2006, 12:02 PM

I was getting a rattling on certain bass frequencies also. What i did was listen to the music loud to get that noise, then i put my hand on both the power window knob (noise didnt go away) then i put my hand on the power door locks(the rattling stopped). What i then did was got a flat head screwdriver and pryed the plastic piece holding the power window and powerdoor things off. Exposing the backside of both buttons. i took off both harnesses and just played around with the buttons. i put the thing back in and it hasnt been a problem ever since. Dotn know if it was just sheer luck or what, but it worked.