Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Amp Rack creation step by step?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2004, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I do have a third option that does not involve any holes in any part of you car. That solution though would be the less clean looking. Let me know if you want it or not.

Edit: Nah... Forget about that one. I just thaught of something else here.

You said you already have a box right.
Screw a board on the back of that box. The board should be as big as need be. 1 amp on each side, and the cap above the box. I'll make you a quick drawing in a few minutes

I can't draw **** at work. Well I can, but I can't save it

Last edited by blaze_125; May 5, 2004 at 06:15 PM.
Old May 5, 2004, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
he can't screw a board on the back of the box. the box has a plexiglass back to it. it's the PLKMMENCL12. sorry for the tech-talk, but i worked at a circuit city. it's the Polk momo box that's got the grill on the front and the rear is plexiglass and rounded. just like in the link he provided (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...094729251&rd=1)
Old May 5, 2004, 09:16 PM

sorry man i dont post every day
dont have the time sorry iam only bringing in somthing thike 20 post, and been a member for like 9 months somthing like. that thanks for tellin me the service is down do you have any idea of projected rebot.
Old May 7, 2004, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Lance Dogg
he can't screw a board on the back of the box. the box has a plexiglass back to it. it's the PLKMMENCL12. sorry for the tech-talk, but i worked at a circuit city. it's the Polk momo box that's got the grill on the front and the rear is plexiglass and rounded. just like in the link he provided (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...094729251&rd=1)
do you have any tips? at this point im about to just give up and mount the amp and farad to the thin board that covers the spare tire..
Old May 7, 2004, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

that thin board sucks. don't bother with it. what i think would look cool is if you used the space between the trunk back and the wheel well to mount the amp. the space on the left side also has this neat little cubby that's basically perfect to fit a cap in. but, securing it to the trunk carpet would be an interesting thing to try. maybe you could put a piece of MDF behind the carpet and screw through the carpet so the cap screws into the piece of wood.

i don't know if you follow me. but, if you want any ideas i can try to come up with stuff for ya. IM me on AIM at littledevii666