Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Alarm System

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2002, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just get a basic alarm that will give you money if your car gets stolen with the system installed...that way once the car is gone you'll have money for your deductible!
Like was said before, if a thief wants your ride, they'll get it..might as well get money for it!
Old Sep 23, 2002, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

Really? So what do you suggest? Lo-jack?
Old Sep 23, 2002, 11:20 PM

you get what you pay for. so if you absolutely dont want your car to get stolen, get the $800 clifford system. it has proximity sensors, tilt sensor, wireless engine immobilizer (so thiefs cant play with the wires and bypass shyt; plus the wireless has like a trillion code possibilities so it can never be hacked in a 100 years).

but if you dont mind having you car stolen cuz you pay an arm and a leg for insurance anyways, get like a $200 or $300 alarm system with a $1000 guarantee or something just to cover your deductible, like someone was saying before. viper is pretty good for this category. they offer like a $2500 guarantee, but i think its only if your car gets stolen in the first year. i think most guarantees are this deceiving.
Old Oct 1, 2002, 01:53 AM
Evolved Member

With the club all you have to do is saw the steering wheel and slide the club off. Its that easy. It'll just take the thieve a extra minute or so to steal the car. Im looking into getting that new anti theft gadget they have out. It makes it so that your steering wheel comes off. No one can drive the car without a steering wheel.
Old Oct 1, 2002, 01:54 AM
Evolved Member

I got the Lo Jack. Makes me feel a little better....
Old Oct 1, 2002, 01:58 AM
Evolved Member

I've seen cars stolen w/o a wheel...just a pair of needle nose pliers attacked to the column...don't see how anyone can drive that way, but it's been done.
Old Oct 1, 2002, 02:50 AM
Evolving Member

Another good thing to get is the auto lock! it goes to your brake pedal and I know acouple of ppl who said they will not break into a car if it has that!! Takes to much time to get it off!! And I they said its because of the break pedal you really need to take to many parts to get it off! But downside about the auto lock is its very hard to put on! But they said in combo with a LoJack thats all you need!!
Old Oct 1, 2002, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

In my old car I had a delta. The delta, when the alarm would sound the remote with you would beep and notify you what happened to your car, and i guess if your quick enough you could go check your car....I live in a small town though so me havin a alarm system was to just have the beep beep sound when u locked the doors....But the Delta was really nice.
Old Oct 1, 2002, 11:27 PM
Evolving Member

the thing that goes on your pedal kinda sucks, 'cause it leaves you wide open for car-jacking. With a remote unlock, you unlock your car, get in, and drive away within seconds. it doesn't give much time for someone to come up and pull a knife or gun on you. With that auto-lock, you are sitting there for a few minutes. Some one can just sort of come up with a gun while you are sitting there undoing the little thing, point it at you and go "give me your keys."
Old Oct 2, 2002, 01:47 AM
Evolving Member

Evo same thig with the kill switch when you have to put in the slot under your steering wheel or the club!! And the same thing if the remote decides to die on you at the wrong moment! Nothing is sure protection !!! It just depends how difficult you to make it so they won't steal it when you are not around. But like I always say if someone wants your car, they will take it no matter what you have on it!!
Old Oct 14, 2002, 02:31 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was thinking instead of an alarm, putting in a kill switch thrown by a well hidden toggle switch. What do you guys think?
Old Oct 14, 2002, 02:39 PM

i personally like viper alarms they come with engine kill keyless entry 2 remotes keyless trunk open a light that lets ppl know you have one and a cool snake sticker
Old Oct 14, 2002, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

all alarms come with that.....
Old Oct 17, 2002, 01:35 AM
Evolved Member

If your into animals. Just buy a plain alarm system and then put a snake in your car. Not many people will be willing to steal the car then.
Old Oct 17, 2002, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by XtremeEvo
If your into animals. Just buy a plain alarm system and then put a snake in your car. Not many people will be willing to steal the car then.
That would be a great way to get ppl not to steal your car! WHich one do you prefer?? King Cobra or Black Mamba???

Quick Reply: Alarm System