Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Need Help with Turbo Timer/Alarm

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2004, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help with Turbo Timer/Alarm

Ok guys I am having issues with my turbo timer not allowing my new alarm to activate. For whatever reason my alarm isnt working well with my Blitz FATT .My turbo timer uses the stock ingition wire and senses that the car has shut off and then starts its own signal on the ignition wire until it turns off.

The alarm also senses that the car was shut off but also notices that the 12v source on the ignition wire is still on and will not arm the alarm.

We tried going off of the key sense wire but thats not working since the circuit is either open or closed with no ground when the key is out.

So I am looking for some of you wizards out there to help. I am looking for a circuit that will monitor for 12v (Or ground I am not sure which it is) source on the key sense wired and when that happens it closes another circuit which has ground and a constant 12v source. I dont want to pull power off of thekey sense wire just monitor for current draw. I would then like to run the alarm off of that 12v wire on the new circuit. This will allow the alarm to think its the igntion circuit and when the key is pulled the circuit will open and allow the alarm to arm in passive mode.

Does this make sense?
Old Jul 9, 2004, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

BUMPh
Old Jul 9, 2004, 07:34 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I tried to figure this out for a while...

The only trick i found was to wire in a relay(SPST) that when TT was on it closed making the door switch close... when the TT goes off it opens and that makes the door switch open.

This makes the car respond to a shutdown and driver door opened/closed senario. It should work out but i didn't try it. You just need to tap the output V from the TT.

Try that.
Old Jul 9, 2004, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks Ill try that but id also like more people to respond with other things to try.

We tried a couple of things and they didnt pan out so id like a bunch of different things to try until one works.