Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

6 speaker system in LS...is it the same HU, and where are the extra two speakers?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2002, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6 speaker system in LS...is it the same HU, and where are the extra two speakers?

I see that the 03 Lancer LS has an option for 6 speakers.

I was wondering if the HU is the same as the ES, and where the extra speakers are.

I'm assuming that if the HU is the same (casue I can't find a pic of a different one), then the one in the ES prolly has the power to run all 6, and I bet that the wiring is all there, just needs a cutout and some speakers i would assume???

I'm thinking of putting some comps in my doors running off an amp, and moving the ones in the doors now to where the extra two speakers are in the LS....

Thanks guys.
Old Oct 8, 2002, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

the LS has two tweeters on the pillars of the driver side and the passenger side, nothing is different other than that.

Link
Old Oct 10, 2002, 10:24 PM

If your going to put seperates in i wouldn't pay the extra money for the two additional tweeters. Its a waste of money. If you going to replaces your front speakers with seperates....all you have to do is surface mount the tweeters on the pillar and then run the wire to the crossover which you can mount behind the door panel. The only factory wiring you need is the speaker wire from the HU to the woofer. Connect that speaker to the crossover and then from the crossover to the woofer and the tweeter.
Old Oct 10, 2002, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

does any one have pictures of the set up for the tweeters on the LS?