Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Top 5 reasons to have a killer sound system name yours

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2004, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's nice to know that the future of america is only worried about sound quality, who's louder, etc. I say bring one of those in my neighborhood and you probably won't leave with it.

I want to see half of you people when your in your 40's and can't hear a damn thing.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by SK Lancer
Crown? Like the PA amps? I used to use Crown's gear when I used to DJ, but I never thought of using them in the HT world - I always thought they'd be too dirty (although I did use them on subs and horns)

Same company. They have HT multichannel and studio rack mount amps as well, but they are best known for PA products. This guy has a recording studio in his basement near my store. It's a near perfect accoustical environment.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dryad001
It's nice to know that the future of america is only worried about sound quality, who's louder, etc. I say bring one of those in my neighborhood and you probably won't leave with it.

I want to see half of you people when your in your 40's and can't hear a damn thing.
what does that have to do with anything?
1 to show people who have bad systems what a good one sounds like
2 loud is only better when its clear!
3 good songs are better louder.. lol
Old Sep 16, 2004, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

I'm 36. My ears are still good enough to tune winning cars. I don't think the future generation is only concerned with car audio. It's a topic on an internet forum. I'm impressed that some are actually concerned with quality over quantity.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

any reason is a good enough reason if the system is for you. if you build a system to get attention then your gonna get into some problems. Like the A$$ in the drive through bumpin his crap while your trying to order food.

my only reason for a system
1. music amps me to drive faster...thats it
Old Sep 16, 2004, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

true Quality is everything. without it your just an overpriced speakerbox
Old Sep 16, 2004, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

I've been around SPL competitions for a long time and have done some VERY loud systems and I CAN hear fine. For a lot of people, their hearing is unchanged, they can simply tolerate more pressure with louder volumes...

That said, most people out-grow the whole SPL scene.

To the people who insult those who like to have loud systems - it's THEIR preference...If they want to have the feeling of a loud system - the tingling of their chest, the hair moving on the back of their head, their buddies not being able to stand to be in the vehicle - it's FUN to some people...

I've had both - loud and clean. I've got Quad speakers with Rotel amps at home, I've got 2500W in my car....I've had 5000W in my car...It's all about preference.

(all 2500W isnt sub, btw...1500W on a single 10" and the mids amp will do 1000W bridged at 2 ohm, i've got my mids getting about 250W)
Old Sep 16, 2004, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BADEVO
FYI
I work in car stereo buddyand have for over 9 years, but a true audiophile isnt worried about >>
You work or worked in car audio? Your bio states you are a member of USAF Spec. Ops., so what do you do?
Old Sep 16, 2004, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

...I want to see half of you people when your in your 40's and can't hear a damn thing.
Actually, it's the high's that make you go deaf, and not the bass. The bass will just pop your eardrums - you'll go deaf too, but it won't be as subtle as listening to loud high pitch frequencies.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kdogg
Actually, it's the high's that make you go deaf, and not the bass. The bass will just pop your eardrums - you'll go deaf too, but it won't be as subtle as listening to loud high pitch frequencies.

A tweeter will play @ around 105db before audible distortion. Over prolonged time it could be a problem, but you could easily do worse damage wearing headphones. I can only tune for about 20 minutes @ 85-90 db before my ears need rest.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Casper
You work or worked in car audio? Your bio states you are a member of USAF Spec. Ops., so what do you do?

I have worked FT ( pre air force ) and still work PT in car audio. Why do you ask?
Old Sep 16, 2004, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BillAce
I'm impressed that some are actually concerned with quality over quantity.

AMEN!
Old Sep 16, 2004, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BADEVO
I have worked FT ( pre air force ) and still work PT in car audio. Why do you ask?
Curious.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

AH an AF Cop I see.
Old Sep 17, 2004, 01:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rez90
What exactly do you do for a living
I work for Intel

Originally Posted by TURBOit
I'm sorry but everyone who blasts their system everywhere they go and at stoplights is just straight up lame, the only ladies you will get from that are hoes because no self respecting woman would get in a car like that.. actually no self respecting PERSON would... top 5 reasons why i don't see a reason for this post...

#5 I'm not into making my car a show car at all.
#4 It's annoying to cars next to you who only hear the stupid bass of music.
#3 It looks and sounds stupid.
#2 I prefer to save my hearing rather than driving at speeds over 50 with my windows open and music blasting.. you WILL go deaf if you do it long enough.
#1 It actually isn't entertaining at all except to the person who did it.

I have put systems in my cars but never wnet with subs and amps, if your smart about it you can get a great system with some good speakers. And I AM into music I attended about a year of college studying audio recording at one of the top music schools in the Northeast. Sorry man, but those "bumpin" systems are pretty immature.
1st off closed minded indivuduals such as yourself are way too quick to judge the the self respect of people you have never met.

Its obvious you aren't into showing your car because you only have the very lowest model lancer there is.

Your right it is anoying to only hear bass coming from the car next to you this is why most of the people here have been talking about upgrading entire systems and maintaining good sound quality

As far as looks take a look at zapcolancers system and tell me that doesn't look awesome its one of the best looking things you can do to your car and it only sounds stupid if you do a cheap/lousy job on your system.

For hearing take a look at some of the guys around here in their 40's who are still very into car audio as some have mentioned they still judge quality contests which takes very good hearing to be good at.

I am certainly not the only person my sound system can entertain every one who rides in my car who appriciates the style of music played enjoys it as well as anyone else around who is listening.

And finally if you think you can have a good system in your car quality speakers driven from deck power you obviously know nothing about a good system deck power puts out at best 25 RMS watts of power this hugely underpowers speakers and brings down the sound quality they are capable of by a huge margin. You should go back to your violen at school and leave cars to the big boys.

Quick Reply: Top 5 reasons to have a killer sound system name yours