Notices

ROAD/RACE Piggyback VERSION 2

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2005, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any chance you can mail in the old ecu adn reflash?
Old Aug 7, 2005, 09:43 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lots of reading... lots of questions... i'll try to answer.

1) cannot reflash old piggy with new map since old piggy is totally different box and electronics. Using all the info given to us from various customers this new box was developed.

2) Cold climate guys will be happy that this ecu's processor is so much faster that the colder climate conditions didn't effect it. We know this due to a private tester we used in Canada. It was a dealership friend of RRM's that placed the product on a customers car to test out.

3) In regards to long term testing... some people would like to keep stating is it tested but as EVERYONE knows a product isn't released unless it's fully tested. Othewise that could be very bad for a company.

4) As for power output... a dyno isn't going to be posted as a customer will soon post i'm sure or reviews will speak for themselves. I can tell you that in 0-60 pulls a result of over a half a second(.5) was achieved on a car with a CAI and nothing more. Stock everything else... not even an axle back.

5) The ecu cannot re-learn around the piggy. That's why RRM is leading the way... their partners know how to work the electronics in a way to get around the ecu's adaptability features.

You guys will be so impressed, it's unreal... only downfall is that this box will not be compatible with the turbo kit. Doing it this way ended up being the best way to ensure speed/accuracy/consistancy/and cold climate compatibility. It also allowed us to use 89 octane with no visible decrease in perfomance.
Old Aug 7, 2005, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
only downfall is that this box will not be compatible with the turbo kit.
Dang, right when I start piecing together my turbo kit. Sounds like those N/As out there have a great product to look forward to.
Old Aug 7, 2005, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

niiiiice, i hope the price will be impressing also
Old Aug 7, 2005, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boeturbolancer

5) The ecu cannot re-learn around the piggy. That's why RRM is leading the way... their partners know how to work the electronics in a way to get around the ecu's adaptability features.

You guys will be so impressed, it's unreal... only downfall is that this box will not be compatible with the turbo kit. Doing it this way ended up being the best way to ensure speed/accuracy/consistancy/and cold climate compatibility. It also allowed us to use 89 octane with no visible decrease in perfomance.
this alone would make me want to buy it if i didnt want to go beyond the i/h/e route... i plan on running cams and a sheet metal im from rpw
Old Aug 8, 2005, 12:10 AM
Evolved Member

Will this allow for the addition of more engine intrusive mods like cams or high comp pistons? I plan on doing as many bolt on mods before I do any of that, but if I were to move further than the basic stuff will this piggyback grow with me?

Fox
Old Aug 8, 2005, 01:15 AM
Evolving Member

How will it be easier to install?
Old Aug 8, 2005, 05:13 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shingen
Will this allow for the addition of more engine intrusive mods like cams or high comp pistons? I plan on doing as many bolt on mods before I do any of that, but if I were to move further than the basic stuff will this piggyback grow with me?

Fox
Most likely not. Thats kinda the downside of the preprogrammed universal PB, it doesnt allow for customization or additional mods to the fuel system or timing (camshaft, camgear)

If you are looking to go that route, a safcII or emanage would be your best best.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

My guess is this is just a AFC and does not touch timing, which is why you won't have to run 91 octane with it and why it will be cheaper. Just a guess though, because there is a shop selling Split Second boxes for the MSP which only controls the fuel maps and it runs $315. It's not the same box as RRM is using though, because it requires vacuum hook up for the turbo maps.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 06:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
First off a generic box does not work cause it is not calibrated internally(on the board) to a Lancer plus this is already mapped , saving you a run to the dyno etc... This is plug and play, have fun all day.

ROAD/RACE

Last edited by ROCK; Aug 8, 2005 at 06:50 AM.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

a half second is a pretty good cut off of a 1/4 mile time. can't wait for this to his the general public and hear the rave reviews. will probably be a spring mod for me. i'm not going to be doing many quarter mile runs in the winter.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 08:42 AM
Evolving Member

sounds good... glad to hear there are now more n/a options. cant wait to see price and read reviews of this.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boeturbolancer
Thanks lively... you are exactly right.
I figured I was, since I worked with RRM on the piggy version 1 to try and get it to work with my car. Plus it's the same process for the Split Second box on the Mazdaspeed that is being sold. Same process, just a different model box with a different purpose.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 10:29 AM
Account Disabled

this piggyback is gonna be the best of all worlds. more power/responsive, cheaper and runs on 89. what more could u ask for?

Last edited by Blacksheepdj; Aug 10, 2005 at 01:58 PM.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Make it work with high compression pistons? ^

Quick Reply: ROAD/RACE Piggyback VERSION 2