Notices

ROAD/RACE Piggyback VERSION 2

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2005 | 03:45 PM
Former Sponsor

ROAD/RACE Piggyback VERSION 2

We have a great surprise for N/A LAncer guys, 02-06! We have developed a new piggyback ECU for N/A Lancers. Due to release this new version by the end of the month.
New features:

• Better throttle response (faster Processor)
• Designed for 02-06 auto and manual Lancer
• Mapped to run on 89 octane.
• Eliminates need for vacuum hook-up
• Increased peak h.p. and midrange power
• More affordable pricing!
• Easier installation!

We worked on 04-05 Lancer mapping and learned some valuable info that we will pass on to the whole line of piggybacks. Rsults were soooooo good we decided to revamp even the 02-03 versions.

ROAD/RACE
Old Aug 7, 2005 | 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

how much is it? damn rrm, i just purchased the last part of my emanage not more than 2 hours ago, should i have known about this, i woulda just picked yours up.

i'll be first to ask, how much more power?
Old Aug 7, 2005 | 03:55 PM
Former Sponsor

E- manage is very complicated to use. That is one of the reasons we do not use them ourselves. Too bad. This box for N/A guys is all you need with no mods to the typical mods like intake, header, and exhaust. I really cannot wait for the first boxes to ship so that we can read the reviews!

ROAD/RACE
Account Disabled

wait, but you already had a version 2 i thought, wouldn't this be version 3 or something?

anywho, can we get specifics: how much cheaper, how much more HP, how much easier to install?

also, there is the fear amongst people around here that cause of alchemists' problems with the emanage, the ecu is somehow learning around whatever PB you may use UNLESS it uses a vacuum hookup (i don't know specifics, this is what i read and heard from alchemist himself). Do you have any long term testing (or plans for long term testing since this is pretty new) to see the effects of the ecu learning around the PB?
Evolving Member

ohh what's the price... i'm looking for a new performance mod!
Old Aug 7, 2005 | 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

I think this is what I may have been waiting for... this or a cheap supercharger kit.
Old Aug 7, 2005 | 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GreenPsycho
wait, but you already had a version 2 i thought, wouldn't this be version 3 or something?

anywho, can we get specifics: how much cheaper, how much more HP, how much easier to install?

also, there is the fear amongst people around here that cause of alchemists' problems with the emanage, the ecu is somehow learning around whatever PB you may use UNLESS it uses a vacuum hookup (i don't know specifics, this is what i read and heard from alchemist himself). Do you have any long term testing (or plans for long term testing since this is pretty new) to see the effects of the ecu learning around the PB?
yes i would love to know how split seconds box does this while the emanage can not. according to alchemist anyways and he is usually really good w/ his info
Old Aug 7, 2005 | 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

I really hope there was no typo in what you wrote Rob. It runs on 89 Octane!? . That was seriously the only thing stopping me from purchasing this ECU. I'm all hyped now.
Old Aug 7, 2005 | 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

Oooh! Price?
Old Aug 7, 2005 | 07:28 PM
Former Sponsor

I never said Emanage can not do what this box does. Just said it was difficult to set up a tune.

ECU does not learn around PB. It still ultimately overrides some setting cause it modify singal after it leaves OEM ECU. As for price we are trying to buy quantity so that our cost goes down and your cost goes down. We should know in a week. Regardless, it will be at least a little cheaper than the existing box.

ROAD/RACE
Old Aug 7, 2005 | 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Any idea if this tune will do better with cold weather than ver 1?
Old Aug 7, 2005 | 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

89 Octane?????? Holy crap. After seeing what the old box did for the proformance of N1te's car first hand I'm definatly considering this box? Can you remap the old ones to the new program? I can't wait till friday to hear what this PB will be able to do. This might be my next purchase.

Fox
Old Aug 7, 2005 | 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by twardOZRally
Any idea if this tune will do better with cold weather than ver 1?
This is my concern as well. Also, obviously this box is for N/A cars - will there be an equivalent box for turbo setups?
Old Aug 7, 2005 | 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

W00t

Sounds great!! More details!!
Old Aug 7, 2005 | 09:08 PM
Account Disabled

all i have to say is too RRM for making more lancer products

Quick Reply: ROAD/RACE Piggyback VERSION 2