Notices

CEL and rough idle

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2006, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CEL and rough idle

I've had my piggy back for about a week now and so far it has been wonderful in terms of gains but the idle and CEL are bothering me. I know if I can fix the idle I can fix the CEL. SO with that....

What is causing the misfire at idle that i making it run so ruough? I would like to tune the car more but I am afraid that it might make it worse or even possibly make me lose performance. if anyone has any ideas or input, it would all be greatly appreciated.

BTW I have an 03 automatic.

-Justin
Old Mar 28, 2006, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have the rrm piggy version 2. Im guessing you have the same one. anyways the misfiring is actually from the delay in the signal that is caused by the processors in the piggy. The cel goes on when the ecu picks up sporatic idle or if the idle drops too low.
The solution to the rough idle is other map that rrm can provide you. There are TWO maps that i currently know of. The rough idle=power comes on quicker and the smoother idle= power comes on about 500 rpm later.

Paging zlancer.....
Old Mar 28, 2006, 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am just confused why it is so hard to make the thing idle correctly, the MAS should see that idle air is coming through and it should calm down, my idle isn't allways rough either, but it dips... alot every 5 min of idle or so. really confusing.