Notices

New E-manage install & dyno results

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2006, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have a really really harsh spot at 1800rpms still where the car jerks and carries on, and it used to misfire bad at that spot too. i took it to a diferent shop who told me that it is more than likely due to my Cold air intake that relocated the MAF along with the filter into the bumper. putting the maf down there in the elements is making it give of very erattic numbers. this weekend i'm taking the CAI off and putting the K&N filter on the end of the stock air hose. if that solves most of the problem i'll find a better short ram solution and make some type of filter to funnel all that cold air up into the engine bay. then hopefully tuning will be easier and the numbers will get even better.

that dyno chart was on a hub dyno, so no wheels.
i gt a couple of runs on a roller dyno last week and only got 111.5 with my 17" rims.
i guess i'm still pretty happy with that, as my last run on a roller without 4g93 intake mani, 60mm tb, emanage tuned was 93.5.. previous to that , when my car was almost still stock, still with 14" rims, and only mods being exhaust and K&N filter, i got 98.7. so the rims made more than -6hp difference because i also had extractors done, cold air and fpr which should have all added to the hp figure.

once i get the MAF sensor reading right, and tuning is as easy as it should be, i'm getting an RPW stage 1 CAM, lightweight pulley. so hopefully the numbers will be looking pretty good.