Notices

Dealership Flashes ECU for recall??????

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2007, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealership Flashes ECU for recall??????

Well i was having problems with my piggyback before..and then my axel seal leaked all of my fluid out...well anywho i tok it to the dealer for the fix cause i have extended service agreement... and i get my car back with piggyback and all still installed...then i go to start my car and i get a boggy feeling and my car will not hit redline it hits almost like a fuel cut..... at like 5900rpms.... now i have uninstalled my piggyback...and the car ran better...still hits liek a fuel cut at redline but actually hits it...the catch is they never told me they were flashing the ECU.. ..and i go to UTI in exton for school and i brought my car in to check it out and do a lab on it for grading etc.... i look and there is this sticker on there that says they have replaced part# blah blah with part#blah blah...and the rom ID#blah blah....this was never there before.. .. and my car runs like crap.. .. so im thinking of calling mitsubishi themselves...and telling them to reflash to normal....or there paying to get my car tuned... .. cause it runs like crap and i cant even use the piggyback.. ..IDK maybe RRM has a solution... ..or some individual on here is maybe having the same problem... and has fixed it could maybe share the fix with me.. ...or any suggestions would be nice.. ..Thanx Guys.. ..
Old Sep 20, 2007, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

So we take the vehicle in there for a totally separate repair and they decide to replace or change something w/o your written consent or permission? Oh shiznit! I'd be stomping back in there demanding an immediate repair...
Old Sep 20, 2007, 08:24 PM

Yup

This exact thing happened to me when I had my '03. The dealer reflashed it for the misfire code and never told me until i practically rung the info from the mechanic that worked on the car. Cost me another 250 to re-tune the car.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 05:49 PM

that whats im doing tomorrow..saturday...oh yeah and i called mitsubishi.....and it was the biggest waste of my time about it...after i told them my problem and the dealer thing and all my info....i was on the phone for like 15 mins seriously...and after all that they told me i would have to go to the dealer and discuss it with them....i was thinking how come you didnt tell me this before i told you my life story..IDK...LOLwell im heading there tomorow...hopefully they dont give me a hard time....
Old Oct 14, 2007, 04:17 PM

just found out that it is state law that it has to be done before it leaves the shop...and i wa liek you didnt tell me or anything..and i have the piggy and stuff and he wa sliek we didnt know...i was like cause you never asked...then i called mitsubishi and they said that i would hae to call the dealership and get ahold of them and dicuss it with them so yeah now im stuck with a bonk feeling ECU....bummin so now im selling the Piggyback....and seeing if i can get the ECU flashed or something....maybe find an ecu that didnt get flashed...
Old Oct 15, 2007, 09:02 AM

well just found out that the dealership is filling my head with a line of bull everytime i call...sooo...they r telling me that the ecu recall was a federal law it had to be done...so i just got ahold of some stealerships...and they said it wasnt mandatory and they should have asked me...and they took forever to get my car done so im out $313 for rental car... and out a good runing car cause it runs like butt... and money to get it tuned good... so i have decided to get a lawyer against them i dont know how i will do but wish me luck lol....
Old Oct 15, 2007, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
damn devil. Almost every mistu service suck!, so it looks like they had to make some money. You told them to replace one part, and they flashed back to stock, hmm im thinking what flash has to do with mech problem.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 06:10 PM

i was thinking the same thing... when i heard the ECU got flashed for a recall...what it had to do with an axel seal....hrmmm.....????
Old Oct 16, 2007, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im surprised since you had a piggyback ecu they didnt void your warranty right off the bat.... Really...
Old Oct 16, 2007, 11:43 PM

Thats exactly what i was thinking about the piggy. They should be help reliable for the damages to your car. ESPECIALLY if it wasn't a federal/state law.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

it was prolly a recall not a warranty procedure. my 02 had a recall on the ecu witch required reflashing and ive been having a hell of a time getting ecuflash to read the maps... still working on it....
Old Apr 19, 2008, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

got it to read the maps it was just i didnt have the right xml files... also i looked into it more on my car they put in a fan controller also... its mounted to the housing of the driverside fan and both fans are plugged into it...