Notices

RRM Products

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2009, 10:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by klaysta
Yes I had everything tight on the install. I didn't say bogged down battery, I said bogged down the engine.
are you talking about an air intake or the piggy back? the air intake has nothing to do with your engine bogging down. and it doesnt affect your battery. now also if it messes with your crank case pressure you can get a lil valve cover filter.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 04:32 AM
Evolved Member

Are you driving a MT or an AT? If you are driving an MT then you havnt learned to drive your car correctly and this post is gonna turn into the other one with the car bucking all the time in 1st gear. Its not the SRI at fault it's physics. Inertia is a ***** no matter what you have installed.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 07:00 AM

Ya the SRI works fine, this guy is pissed b/c it doesn't give him turbo gains. The SRI was my first install, went great and my car runs great. The Intake did make a not so good noise at first but I tightened the filter and it broke in.

RRM SRI +++1!!!!
Old Oct 8, 2009, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

i still want a CAI i had a SRI on my 02 lancer and it was nice but i want a lil more
Old Oct 8, 2009, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

um.. i heard you guys saying there is a gain on SRI... but i wonder when will that gain kick in in term of RPM..?? always... will the SRI decrease your power in the 1000~2500 RPM..??

Thanks!!
Old Oct 8, 2009, 08:05 AM

The power is not decreased at all. The intake really starts to pull around 3000RPM and up. It has a mean growl and has more kick than the stock airbox for sure.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 09:07 AM

What is everyone talking about? Can no one read what I originally said... I said nothing about the intake affecting my battery. I said I unplugged the battery. And of course an intake can limit engine power if it is defective or limiting air flow in any way. I also did not expect any significant gains out of it. I had a problem with mine, doesn't mean everyone else has to have the same issue.

If everyone could read they would see that my real complaint was with their customer service lying, and making false promises. You don't see me posting on their threads about how terrible their product is.. I assumed it was my car/part combination or something along those lines.

Last edited by klaysta; Oct 8, 2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

i read what you said and i have problems with lots of customer services. but i dont see how your engine would bog from an air tube.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ShadowES
i read what you said and i have problems with lots of customer services. but i dont see how your engine would bog from an air tube.

if something is wrong with his intake , whether it be the intake or the install or any of the intake components (MAF, piping, filter) it can and WILL make your engine bog...

its not just an "air tube" the MAF sensor in our cars is very sensitive.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

this thread is full of such massive fail.

Things to check

1) make sure everything is tight, and theres no air getting in other places.
2) make sure the air flow sensor is installed in the right direction (big one to check).
3) Make sure everythign is on straight and its not crooked so as to impede air flow.

I dont see any reasons for an engine to bog down after an intake install, regardless of what intake it is. Something else here is the culprit, not the intake (pending its installed 100% correctly)
Old Oct 9, 2009, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sicktght311
this thread is full of such massive fail.

Things to check

1) make sure everything is tight, and theres no air getting in other places.
2) make sure the air flow sensor is installed in the right direction (big one to check).
3) Make sure everythign is on straight and its not crooked so as to impede air flow.

I dont see any reasons for an engine to bog down after an intake install, regardless of what intake it is. Something else here is the culprit, not the intake (pending its installed 100% correctly)
Makes some valid points, i didnt mean to imply the INTAKE was the problem but part of the problem (ie. the install) most likely something is loose or your MAF sensor may have some oil on it if you improperly oiled your filter. just throwing some other things out there. good luck.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by lancer0220
Makes some valid points, i didnt mean to imply the INTAKE was the problem but part of the problem (ie. the install) most likely something is loose or your MAF sensor may have some oil on it if you improperly oiled your filter. just throwing some other things out there. good luck.

I checked all these things.. It's not the first time I have ever done work on my car's. I chose not to use the part for several reasons and after RRM being a dick there is no way I am giving the part another shot on my car.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Last edited by klaysta; Oct 9, 2009 at 08:48 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 07:26 AM

Sucks for you! I would never go with out the RRM SRI
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by klaysta
I checked all these things.. It's not the first time I have ever done work on my car's. I chose not to use the part for several reasons and after RRM being a dick there is no way I am giving the part another shot on my car.

Thanks for the suggestions though.
ok how much you sell the SRI for?
Old Oct 11, 2009, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by ShadowES
ok how much you sell the SRI for?

Haven't sold it yet.

Quick Reply: RRM Products