Notices

RRM Products

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2009, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RRM Products

Im considering purchasing RRM's Piggyback ECU and Header for an 08 GTS with a manual tranny. Im wondering if anyone already has these mods and I want some feed back on them before I purchase these. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 10:21 PM

Pulley

OOps, forgot to add that Im also considering their pulley as well. Thanks.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

pulley and header are prolly their best products other than 1 of 2 turbo kits on the market.. anything else id pass on
Old Sep 25, 2009, 11:02 AM

Thanks for the info. Im still curious about the Piggyback ECU. I wanna know if its worth the price.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

dont waste your money on a piggy back.. the best mod you can do for your car is get a tune..runs about 300-400 bucks and gives you about 18whp, biggest gain you can get other than a turbo right now

the only product i would consider is the headers because they're the only people that make one for the lancer..if you want non bias reviews i would check out some other lancer websites.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 11:47 PM
Evolved Member

tune would be 18whp for the 2.4l the 2.0l gets like 10ish whp
Old Sep 26, 2009, 04:18 PM

Sorry but Im still new to this kind of mod. Getting it tuned is also called a reflash correct? if so, Ive done some checking around and to me it seem like Works is the best so far for a Lancer reflash. Please correct me if Im wrong. Thanks. I really appreciate all the feedback guys.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by stanghunter
Im considering purchasing RRM's Piggyback ECU and Header for an 08 GTS with a manual tranny. Im wondering if anyone already has these mods and I want some feed back on them before I purchase these. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

I am extremely upset with RRM. I purchased a SRI V2 that essentially was a terrible product. I contacted them immediately through their website and they never responded after several attempts. I then filed a Paypal complaint which they quickly responded to. After speaking with several people there they agreed to give me an exchange for another item. After no response from them for a week or so I contacted them again to make sure I could exchange for a different item. They then said that I could not do that and that I was stuck with the item. I am now stuck with a 250 paper weight and lies from their employees. I am trying to get my CC company to get my money back but not sure how it is going to go.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 04:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^interesting. I have heard of very VERY few people having bad experiences with their SRI. Good price, "decent" design, personally not a fan of the heat shield, and easy to install. What was your issue with it?
Old Sep 28, 2009, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by klaysta
I am extremely upset with RRM. I purchased a SRI V2 that essentially was a terrible product. I contacted them immediately through their website and they never responded after several attempts. I then filed a Paypal complaint which they quickly responded to. After speaking with several people there they agreed to give me an exchange for another item. After no response from them for a week or so I contacted them again to make sure I could exchange for a different item. They then said that I could not do that and that I was stuck with the item. I am now stuck with a 250 paper weight and lies from their employees. I am trying to get my CC company to get my money back but not sure how it is going to go.
do a dispute through your credit card company, they will file it as a chargeback to rrm..most likely rrm will challenge it but in credit disputes like that..the card company is on your side for the most part..so as long as you can provide decent evidence im sure they will send you a new product. because if they do lose and you get your chargeback awarded. it makes the company look really bad. and they could lose privileges that they have as a company. so definitely go through with that.

Originally Posted by EngRWW33
^^interesting. I have heard of very VERY few people having bad experiences with their SRI. Good price, "decent" design, personally not a fan of the heat shield, and easy to install. What was your issue with it?
if you post on other lancer sits theres been plenty. just not on evom for obvious reasons.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by EngRWW33
The product made a horrible noise and my engine was just bogged down with it on. I gave the car plenty of time to learn it and unplugged the battery, etc. The product just did not work properly, which is what I explained to them.

I didn't have any trouble with the install. It was very simple and only took a few minutes. The design was also not too bad.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 09:44 PM
Evolving Member

pulley...?? I remember reading people complain about oil leak after using RRM pulley.... correct me if I'm wrong
Old Sep 29, 2009, 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...important.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...ods-blame.html
Old Oct 6, 2009, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by klaysta
The product made a horrible noise and my engine was just bogged down with it on. I gave the car plenty of time to learn it and unplugged the battery, etc. The product just did not work properly, which is what I explained to them.

I didn't have any trouble with the install. It was very simple and only took a few minutes. The design was also not too bad.
The filter needs to be clamped tightly to the pipe. When you say bogged down battery, do you mean lights dimming or windows acting strange? I have had these issues with my lancer before I ever installed the intake. I'm using that SRI with a Magnaflow Cat Back and it sounds great.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by LancerJunkie
The filter needs to be clamped tightly to the pipe. When you say bogged down battery, do you mean lights dimming or windows acting strange? I have had these issues with my lancer before I ever installed the intake. I'm using that SRI with a Magnaflow Cat Back and it sounds great.

Yes I had everything tight on the install. I didn't say bogged down battery, I said bogged down the engine.

Quick Reply: RRM Products