Notices

How does an exhaust system sound with the CVT?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2011 | 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

doh, I was thinking of getting the Greddy SE exhaust but I always drive it in D mode, so it just going to give me that constant sound and get laugh at by manual shifting drivers... I don't want to get a exhaust to get laughed at -_-. as one of the posters said, he lets go of the gas each time he shift on purpose to make people think he is driving a manual because he doesn't want people taunting and laughing at him. Also I'm trying to learn how to drive in sports mode, its a bit confusing to me.
Old Jul 13, 2011 | 11:47 PM
Balls of Steel

I like the CVT and its constant silly whirr. Eff the haters.

I don't think a CVT with an exhaust would sound any better/worse than any other car--it just doesn't have the different sounds of changing gears when it's in D all the time. If someone's going to hate on that, pfft. Screw 'em. You're not modding your own car to please them. If you like it and how it sounds, go for it.
Old Sep 7, 2011 | 08:25 AM

Sri doesn't do anything but make you lose horse its proven since the filter is sucking heat right next to the motor I have injen cai with Obx header Rrm downpipe high flow cat 2 1/2 inch piping from header and greddy tic axle back muffler 1 st cat delete and resonator delete its loud and sounds great louder then my bros 350z with borla with no cats and headers.
Old Sep 7, 2011 | 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvansEvoSOUL
Sri doesn't do anything but make you lose horse its proven since the filter is sucking heat right next to the motor...
most of the decent sri have a heat shield but are open on the top. the takeda 2.4 sri has a completely closed heat shield and has some great untuned gains
Old Sep 7, 2011 | 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

Heat shields are just a lame sales gimmick, your whole engine bay gets extremely hot while driving, including all the air around your filter. Just what exactly do you think that thin piece of plastic or metal is shielding? Come on now. The air you stock intake gets from the front grill is much, much cooler than what any SRI grabs, shield or not.

Although nothing can be said for hp gains, the hot air has shown to slightly improve gas mileage, though I certainly havn't seen a noticeable improvement lol.
Old Nov 13, 2011 | 02:50 PM

My sound good to i have lancer es with shifter. i got racing sport w/o silencer i took it off. go big. or got pull over i don't care.
Old Feb 3, 2012 | 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Zelenin
But I kind of like it because it makes ppl confused...did that guy just go from 0 to 60 mph in first gear lol?
now i know why people stare at me now when i feel like taking off haha