Notices

ECUflash/ Tactrix cable newb thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2010, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd say yes ... lower the values by a specific % ... like 10% maybe. Pumping the "gas" opens the throttle plate and adds more air to the mix, so I'd start by leaning out the mix to get it to crank better.

Give that a shot.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TouringBubble
I'd say yes ... lower the values by a specific % ... like 10% maybe. Pumping the "gas" opens the throttle plate and adds more air to the mix, so I'd start by leaning out the mix to get it to crank better.

Give that a shot.
Will do, i get out of work at 5 today, when i get home ill give that a shot! The evo rom so far proves to be a very nice upgrade to the turbo lancer!
Old Oct 12, 2010, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Also, watch your fuel trims. The Evo ROm calculates airflow different than the Lancer and it may skew your air and fuel readings, which could cause the the fuel to be delivered and metered differently. I haven't actually seen this happen, but look for it. I just know that the Evo ROM is set up for boost and uses low impedance injectors, so it has to be slightly different.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Also, watch your fuel trims. The Evo ROm calculates airflow different than the Lancer and it may skew your air and fuel readings, which could cause the the fuel to be delivered and metered differently. I haven't actually seen this happen, but look for it. I just know that the Evo ROM is set up for boost and uses low impedance injectors, so it has to be slightly different.

Ok, so how do i tell if there reading incorrectly? i think the last time i logged the LTFT low was 2.6 and the LTFT mid was 5.2 with the stock injector scaling at 232 and i left to stock injector battery letencys the same as well, Also everytime i reflash the car now, it resets the fuel trims and i have to let it idle for some time to get the LTFT low to give a reading and for the car to relearn idle, is this normal when re-flashing?
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, on some cars. The VIII doesn't reset on a flash and the IX does ... sounds like you've got an IX ROM.

To correctly read the fuel trims you need to put about 50 miles on the car after a change/flash. the trims update ever 4 minutes or so while the O2 feedback is responding. The low trim will reflect idle state and the mid trim reflects cruising. The car needs to see both instances in that 4 min for both trims to update.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, on some cars. The VIII doesn't reset on a flash and the IX does ... sounds like you've got an IX ROM.

To correctly read the fuel trims you need to put about 50 miles on the car after a change/flash. the trims update ever 4 minutes or so while the O2 feedback is responding. The low trim will reflect idle state and the mid trim reflects cruising. The car needs to see both instances in that 4 min for both trims to update.
Cool so ill log the ltft mid on the highway today at like 65 MPH with the cruise control on for maybe 16 min or so? 4 cycles? I have a evo ten ROM? haha is that a good or bad thing with the lancer?? car drives sweet tho, i had some knock but it was at like 4,500 and up and i just added some fuel and pulled timing up top and its like 1 count of knock and as AFR in boost start at 12.5 and slowly taper to 11.6 when i get to full 5 psi!
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

No, Evo 9 ... IX ... not X.

You don't have to log the fuel trims the whole time. Just drive for 50 miles or so in varying conditions ... through traffic lights and on the highway too. Then a log for just a few seconds will tell you how the fuel trims are doing. The values stay once they are there.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

No, Evo 9 ... IX ... not X.

You don't have to log the fuel trims the whole time. Just drive for 50 miles or so in varying conditions ... through traffic lights and on the highway too. Then a log for just a few seconds will tell you how the fuel trims are doing. The values stay once they are there.

Oh, i got my symbols mixed up haha. Alright, so ill do that and give you an update...i remember when i had the stock lancer ECU the LTFT mid was at 12.6 and like never changed . So i shouldnt matter if im using an evo 9 ROM? how did i get the evo 9 rom? im pretty sure i used the 81870017 definition file, idk i thought it was for an evo 8? but regardless, it shouldnt matter really right?
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

No, it doesn't matter. I may even be wrong about it being an IX ROM.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

No, it doesn't matter. I may even be wrong about it being an IX ROM.

Oh ok, well as long as it doesnt matter So ill give those settings a shot when i get home, see if she starts when warm, and ill log the fuel trims
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mitsu.kid.02
Oh ok, well as long as it doesnt matter So ill give those settings a shot when i get home, see if she starts when warm, and ill log the fuel trims
You flashed the "tephra/roadspike" evo rom to your auto lancer, right? That's an Evo 7 rom I tink, GT-A model
Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HornstarBU
You flashed the "tephra/roadspike" evo rom to your auto lancer, right? That's an Evo 7 rom I tink, GT-A model
Ya bro i downloaded the "lancer auto big maps" then i downloaded the "read auto lancer" and put that into the rommetadata lancer folder, then i put the definition file into the lancer folder, and i opened up the map called "lancer auto tephra v7.hex and this is what i have lol, is there anyway to confirm what ECU im using bro? when i flashed it asked what rom image it was and it came up as a 2003 lancer auto trans if that helps, inherited from 81870017?

Last edited by Mitsu.kid.02; Oct 12, 2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

its not a gta rom its a mix of my stock rom and a evo 8 tephra rom and the v7 means its a tephra version7
Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by link62
its not a gta rom its a mix of my stock rom and a evo 8 tephra rom and the v7 means its a tephra version7

sweet so now that we have that all set, ill work on getting the car to start without having to use the pedal...im determined!
Old Oct 12, 2010, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mitsu.kid.02
sweet so now that we have that all set, ill work on getting the car to start without having to use the pedal...im determined!
Link is running the same rom as you, so he's going to be a good source of info on why you can't start wihout some gas. Any insight link?

Quick Reply: ECUflash/ Tactrix cable newb thread