Notices

ECUflash/ Tactrix cable newb thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2010, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sawulkn
from what i understand, you have to make your changes while the car is off...

But how to i logg then?
Old Oct 2, 2010, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mitsu.kid.02
But how to i logg then?
ECUFlash makes changes to the ECU, reads the ECU, but with the car off (both connectors plugged in, car off)

EvoScan or mitsulogger will log data from the car (1 connector plugged in, do this with car off, then you can turn car on)
Old Oct 2, 2010, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03lances
This is a good question as I have heard you can and you cant. I think in the beginning you could use any but now you need ones that have the serial number. But I dont know this for sure
The serial number is for ecuflash, right? So you should be able to use any cable for data logging that fits into some sort of standard. That standard will be anything that evoscan or mitsulogger or whatever it is programmed to accept.

Now, after saying all that, the only obdII cable to usb that says it supports mitsubishi that i can find is the tactrix cable....but obdII is a standard, so i guess it depends of the amount of data that's supposed to be supported. can you link to anything that you might be talking about, like some sort of standard usb cable?
Old Oct 2, 2010, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Wait...so i have to plug in the OBD2 and the FLASH connector for ECUflash to read the ECU?
alright this is what I got confused about. What is the flash cable? I was thinking the tactrix cable was the flash cable for some reason but i guess its the OBD2?
Old Oct 2, 2010, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

and what version did you use? the 1.29 or 1.42?
Old Oct 3, 2010, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by burner67
alright this is what I got confused about. What is the flash cable? I was thinking the tactrix cable was the flash cable for some reason but i guess its the OBD2?
The tactrix cable has three connection on it. One for the computer (USB) one for the ECU port (OBD2 connector) and a reflash connecter (white connector next to OBD2 connecter) You have to have both the OBD2 connector and reflash connector connected in order for ECUflash to work

Originally Posted by burner67
and what version did you use? the 1.29 or 1.42?
I tried version 1.42 and it wouldnt load, but then again i also didnt have the reflash connector connected so that could have been why. But right now im using version 1.29.

Is mitsulogger free? or should i buy Evoscan? What do you guys prefer?

Last edited by Mitsu.kid.02; Oct 3, 2010 at 05:35 AM.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

So i went to this URL to download mitsulogger but it wont work http://www.aktivematrix.com/forum/dl...ile&file_id=35 It keeps saying "upgrading site.." or something like that. Is there anyone that has an actual file or something that i could use to download mitsulogger?
Old Oct 3, 2010, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
So i went to this URL to download mitsulogger but it wont work http://www.aktivematrix.com/forum/dl...ile&file_id=35 It keeps saying "upgrading site.." or something like that. Is there anyone that has an actual file or something that i could use to download mitsulogger?
You can download it from here: http://www.4shared.com/file/aSqgrzNo/Mitsulogger.html
Old Oct 3, 2010, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

damn...thanks senate but i just bought evoscan anyways. So here is my first run going into boost...dont look too good..

TPS: 42%
RPM: 2,593------hard acceleration from zero until this RPM
COOLANT TEMP: 210
BATTERY LEVEL: 13.9V
AIR TEMP: 82.4 DEGREES
TIMING ADVANCE: 7
IPW: 13.312
IDC: 28.7
LTFT LOW:6.0
LTFT MID: 7.6
LTFT HIGH: 0-----------not sure why this is zero???
STFT (02 SENSOR) 24.80----------im pretty sure thats not suppost to be that high?!?
ARF: 12.4
AIRFLOW HERTZ: 431
02 SENSOR: 0.4V
MPH: 32
FUEL CONSUMPTION: 3.4 MPG LOLOL!
AIR VOLUME: 184
KNOCK SUM: 10 :-(
KNOCK VOLTAGE: 0.7V
OCTANE LEVEL: 100%
ECU LOAD: 88.125
INJECTOR LATENCY: 20

I stoped accelerating when i saw the 10 counts of knock, i was like OMG!! So i stopped quick. These are the readings im getting from Evoscan. The evoscan settings are

Baudrate: 15625
timeout ms: 1000
openport 1.3x(FTDI/12PIN/SSM)
Mitsubishi MUTTIII
select ECU: EFI
injector scaling: preset at 512----i have the stock 240cc injectors rite now..whats the scaling for the stockers? 204@15% or 192@20%?

Do i need to change any of the Evoscan setings, or are those correct? If so, my next step is to eliminate knock by pulling timing right? i do this by logging a couple more times to make sure im getting consistant knock counts at this RPM (2,500) and i go into ECUflash, open the timing map and adjust timing at 2,500?
Or, do i do more pulls all the way to redline and record the whole powerband so i can adjust timing at multiple RPMs (2,500 up to redline) Whats the proper procedure for pulling timing? One degree or two degrees at a time?

Last edited by Mitsu.kid.02; Oct 3, 2010 at 08:45 AM.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

damn...thanks senate but i just bought evoscan anyways. So here is my first run going into boost...dont look too good..

TPS: 42%
RPM: 2,593------hard acceleration from zero until this RPM
COOLANT TEMP: 210
BATTERY LEVEL: 13.9V
AIR TEMP: 82.4 DEGREES
TIMING ADVANCE: 7
IPW: 13.312
IDC: 28.7
LTFT LOW:6.0
LTFT MID: 7.6
LTFT HIGH: 0-----------not sure why this is zero???
STFT (02 SENSOR) 24.80----------im pretty sure thats not suppost to be that high?!?
ARF: 12.4
AIRFLOW HERTZ: 431
02 SENSOR: 0.4V
MPH: 32
FUEL CONSUMPTION: 3.4 MPG LOLOL!
AIR VOLUME: 184
KNOCK SUM: 10 :-(
KNOCK VOLTAGE: 0.7V
OCTANE LEVEL: 100%
ECU LOAD: 88.125
INJECTOR LATENCY: 20

I stoped accelerating when i saw the 10 counts of knock, i was like OMG!! So i stopped quick. These are the readings im getting from Evoscan. The evoscan settings are

Baudrate: 15625
timeout ms: 1000
openport 1.3x(FTDI/12PIN/SSM)
Mitsubishi MUTTIII
select ECU: EFI
injector scaling: preset at 512----i have the stock 240cc injectors rite now..whats the scaling for the stockers? 204@15% or 192@20%?

Do i need to change any of the Evoscan setings, or are those correct? If so, my next step is to eliminate knock by pulling timing right? i do this by logging a couple more times to make sure im getting consistant knock counts at this RPM (2,500) and i go into ECUflash, open the timing map and adjust timing at 2,500?
Or, do i do more pulls all the way to redline and record the whole powerband so i can adjust timing at multiple RPMs (2,500 up to redline) Whats the proper procedure for pulling timing? One degree or two degrees at a time?
You should check in ecuflash, and use whatever the injector scaling is set to there, just put that in evoscan as well.

You should pull timing to get rid of knock, but also make sure your AFR is right and not too lean or rich, as that can also cause some knock.

Don't do pulls at WOT or Redline if you're seeing 10 counts of knock consistently. Try instead, pulling 1 degree of timing for each psi of boost. This isn't exact, and not trivial to do, because looking at the map you can't really just magically say "right here is 3 psi" but just as a general starting point, guess. Oh, and 1 degree of timing for every 3 counts of knock.

Don't be afraid to post your logs and let everyone inspect them, ppl love that stuff.

Last edited by HornstarBU; Oct 3, 2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HornstarBU
You should check in ecuflash, and use whatever the injector scaling is set to there, just put that in evoscan as well.

You should pull timing to get rid of knock, but also make sure your AFR is right and not too lean or rich, as that can also cause some knock.

Don't do pulls at WOT or Redline if you're seeing 10 counts of knock consistently. Try instead, pulling 1 degree of timing for each psi of boost. This isn't exact, and not trivial to do, because looking at the map you can't really just magically say "right here is 3 psi" but just as a general starting point, guess. Oh, and 1 degree of timing for every 3 counts of knock.

Don't be afraid to post your logs and let everyone inspect them, ppl love that stuff.
How do i post my logs from evo scan? also..ecuflash wont let me edit or view the rom data, the only thing i can view is the "init code" and "immobilizer" Not sure why i cant see anything else, i selected "developer level" as well still no luck? Here are the ROM INFO:

Make- mitsubishi
model- lancer
submake- oz rally
market- USDM
trans- auto
year- 2002
ecu id- "blank"
case id- MR578519
internal id- 88540021
flash method- mitsukernel
memory model- sh7052
checksum module- "blank"
inherits- 98720010

Any ideas? is this the part were i use the definition files? How do i put the definition files into ecuflash?

Last edited by Mitsu.kid.02; Oct 3, 2010 at 10:29 AM.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

How do i post my logs from evo scan? also..ecuflash wont let me edit or view the rom data, the only thing i can view is the "init code" and "immobilizer" Not sure why i cant see anything else, i selected "developer level" as well still no luck? Here are the ROM INFO:

Make- mitsubishi
model- lancer
submake- oz rally
market- USDM
trans- auto
year- 2002
ecu id- "blank"
case id- MR578519
internal id- 88540021
flash method- mitsukernel
memory model- sh7052
checksum module- "blank"
inherits- 98720010

Any ideas? is this the part were i use the definition files? How do i put the definition files into ecuflash?
Well, you need to have the proper info files to view the actual data, but if you can see 2 things, then that's sorta weird. Find Senate's post called like, "master lancer definition list" or whatever and download that. Put the files in the ecuflash folder, and make sure in the ecuflash menu that the options point to the folders you just unzipped to, for like rom meta data and definitions or whatever they are called. Also, I think you need to watch the ecuflash videos. let me find the link for them.

read this: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...-tune-evo.html

this is the videos: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...-ecuflash.html

and here is master list: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...ster-list.html

Last edited by HornstarBU; Oct 3, 2010 at 12:10 PM.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Well, you need to have the proper info files to view the actual data, but if you can see 2 things, then that's sorta weird. Find Senate's post called like, "master lancer definition list" or whatever and download that. Put the files in the ecuflash folder, and make sure in the ecuflash menu that the options point to the folders you just unzipped to, for like rom meta data and definitions or whatever they are called. Also, I think you need to watch the ecuflash videos. let me find the link for them.

read this: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...-tune-evo.html

this is the videos: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...-ecuflash.html

and here is master list: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...ster-list.html
Thanks man! i have read and viewd! I just dont understand how im suppost to put the definition files into ECUflash? do i need all the definition files? some are for like other cars, i have a 02 lancer oz rally auto.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks man! i have read and viewd! I just dont understand how im suppost to put the definition files into ECUflash? do i need all the definition files? some are for like other cars, i have a 02 lancer oz rally auto.
Well, you don't need them all, but it doesn't hurt to just have them there. They are used when you open the ROM for your car, and the definitions interpret what is in the ROM. You put them in a folder, any folder really, and then in the options menu of ecuflash, you point ecuflash to using that folder, then restart ecuflash.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Well, you don't need them all, but it doesn't hurt to just have them there. They are used when you open the ROM for your car, and the definitions interpret what is in the ROM. You put them in a folder, any folder really, and then in the options menu of ecuflash, you point ecuflash to using that folder, then restart ecuflash.
ok basically i cant even get into ecuflash without the cable connected. If i were to open ecuflash it opens. if i choose to open the rom that i had saved "stockrom.hex" it wont open...im so lost and fustrated...

Last edited by Mitsu.kid.02; Oct 3, 2010 at 01:30 PM.

Quick Reply: ECUflash/ Tactrix cable newb thread