Notices

ltft help

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2010, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
ltft help

ok tying to get my fuel trims dialed in, idle is pretty easy I got it to +3.04, but my cruise is -9.90....

my scaling is at 750 right now if I go higher I will be reaching my injector limit to 880cc.

do I adjust the afrs in the high octane fuel map to keep my injectors in the 15-20% range when tuning?

need some help

edit** it wouldnt be the high octane map but it more on the lines of the maf scaling so how do i adjust the cruise portion so I ca get these injectors dialed in

Last edited by steven121; Oct 25, 2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

ok so heres what I did, I switched back to the evo maf scaling and I think thats why it was -9.90, and I pumped my injector latency up by 1% which gave me the correct afrs for idle

so I think from here on I need to change the scaling but I want to keep the scaling 15-20% range from the 880cc rating
Old Oct 25, 2010, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is what I did when I was still using closed loop steven. It really worked well for me. As it states I just made sure I was still +/- 10% and watched my STFT

Originally Posted by 03lances
Ok so basically Aaron confirmed some things here on evom and separated the bull****. He told me to pick an afr then taper it down about .5 afr down the table so I did this

Next he said pick a injector scaling and do a WOT pull. then adjust the scaling up or down until your close. Mine are now about .3 to .5 afr difference between actual and table afrs. Once thats done scaling is done leave it alone then just adjust your latencies to get your trims close, he said disregard your long term trims and just watch your short term and as long as its staying +/- 5% I still made sure my long terms were at least +/- 10. He says evos stock will have LTFT up to +/- 8. Scaling=WOT and latencies=cruise and idle. He simplified alot for me and changing the maf scaling to stock evo is what really lined up my afrs for me. However I am sure this is due to me having as entirely stock evo intake setup including FMIC BOV and MAF

I have confirmed this works guys and I redid my injectors in like 10 mins its SWEET!!!!!
Old Oct 25, 2010, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

so do I just use your fuel map and see how it goes from there?

well the maf scaling did work for the idle I just have to check for the cruise

my idle is at -2.25 so I need to decrease the latencie and see how that goes from there and once I get that close to zero I will start on the cruise portion.

03lance I will try your fuel map out and see how it goes from there
Old Oct 26, 2010, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by steven121
so do I just use your fuel map and see how it goes from there?

well the maf scaling did work for the idle I just have to check for the cruise

my idle is at -2.25 so I need to decrease the latencie and see how that goes from there and once I get that close to zero I will start on the cruise portion.

03lance I will try your fuel map out and see how it goes from there
I don't think you want his fuel map.

What you want is to pick a random cell on YOUR fuel map, look at the value, and compare that to the ACTUAL value you got when logging with evo scan. You can probably just look at your last log to determine this. Check a value you hit in your log, like 100 load and 3500 rpm....if the AFR you had at that time is like 11.5, and your Fuel Map says 10...then what 03 lances is saying is to adjust the scaling so that the 2 numbers are closer (not by adjusting your fuel map, but by adjusting what gets logged by evoscan)
Old Oct 26, 2010, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HornstarBU

What you want is to pick a random cell on YOUR fuel map, look at the value, and compare that to the ACTUAL value you got when logging with evo scan. You can probably just look at your last log to determine this. Check a value you hit in your log, like 100 load and 3500 rpm....if the AFR you had at that time is like 11.5, and your Fuel Map says 10...then what 03 lances is saying is to adjust the scaling so that the 2 numbers are closer (not by adjusting your fuel map, but by adjusting what gets logged by evoscan)
Actually, I am not sure what stevens fuel map looks like. If its similiar to mine he could use his, log afrmap and his wideband. This way anytime he is in open loop he can look at any of those data lines and just see how far off the afrmap is from the actual WB value. If its not I would suggest to use my map just to make is easier to decipher how his afr's progress down the rpm scale (I would make it then save it as another file just to line up your injectors). This map I have posted was my base map I made after discussing this with Aaron. It has since been changed to deal with little changes here and there but not by much. If I am understanding you Steven you switched back to the evo maf scaling? This is what I did and really helped line up all my afrs down the rpm range. My maf scaling is still 100% stock evo and works mint.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HornstarBU

Originally Posted by 03lances
Actually, I am not sure what stevens fuel map looks like. If its similiar to mine he could use his, log afrmap and his wideband. This way anytime he is in open loop he can look at any of those data lines and just see how far off the afrmap is from the actual WB value. If its not I would suggest to use my map just to make is easier to decipher how his afr's progress down the rpm scale (I would make it then save it as another file just to line up your injectors). This map I have posted was my base map I made after discussing this with Aaron. It has since been changed to deal with little changes here and there but not by much. If I am understanding you Steven you switched back to the evo maf scaling? This is what I did and really helped line up all my afrs down the rpm range. My maf scaling is still 100% stock evo and works mint.
well I think I got them dialed in so far +1.08 idle +3.24 for cruise.
or should I make one of them negative? not sure I wss probably going to lower my scaling by small increments until I can get it to -1.00 whatever.

so when you pick a place on the map and lower it by .5 is this suppose to help cure the knock issue? I can't even hit wot without a knock light going off or if I backfire my ecu trips and throws the knock code as well I wish someone could figure this out so I can just hit wot like a normal car
Old Oct 26, 2010, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steven121
well I think I got them dialed in so far +1.08 idle +3.24 for cruise.
or should I make one of them negative? not sure I wss probably going to lower my scaling by small increments until I can get it to -1.00 whatever.

so when you pick a place on the map and lower it by .5 is this suppose to help cure the knock issue? I can't even hit wot without a knock light going off or if I backfire my ecu trips and throws the knock code as well I wish someone could figure this out so I can just hit wot like a normal car
From my reading steven if they are both within +/- 5 its considered perfect. Not even my logs of when I was stock always showed that. All that map was for was to have a smooth progression of afrs down the rpm range. If your actual afrs showed the same smooth progression regardless of if it was anywhere near the same afr as the map that means your maf scaling is good. Lets say you have this fuel map and your logs show that at 2750rpms your actual afr is 12.0, then at 3000 its at 12.5 the 3250 its at 10.5 then at 3500 is at 11.7 etc, basically erratic, this would mean your maf scaling is not correct. However lets say at 2750 its at 12.5 then 3000 its 12.2 then 3250 its at 12.0 3500 its at 11.5 etc. This would tell me my maf scaling at least in the mid and upper ranges is pretty good and I just need to adjust my scaling lower to add a little more fuel over the entire rpm range. I just found this was an easier way to tune my fuel.

Also, my car has never backfired ever However if it did you can bet your knock sensor would go crazy high just from the shock.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Backfires are a certain indication of deeper problems than just injector scaling. Bad timing map, bad spark wires, bad plugs, leaking intake or exhaust causing improper mix of fuel/air.

Solving the knock is....well, that's the real issue, isn't it. You need to determine what the cause is. If it's excess engine noise due to backfire, then fix the backfire. If it's bad timing map, then fix the timing map. If it's sensitivity problems with the evo rom....well, that's a real head thumper. I've not yet seen an acceptable solution to this problem. I think we are incorrectly using the evo rom or evo ecu by leaving the knock settings set for an evo. I'm getting increasingly concerned that the evo rom is too sensitive down low, and too lenient up top. Still, I plan to do massive testing with the stock lancer rom before i upload the evo rom, at 5psi or as low as i can.

Last edited by HornstarBU; Oct 26, 2010 at 03:44 PM.