Notices

Flashing Lancer Ecu

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jakermeister
I'm looking to turbo down the (hopefully this year ) So what would you recommend I do? Stay with a piggy? I have the RRM piggy already.
You should do what your comfortable doing.

The ecu has pretty amazing capabilities once you unlock its potential but that requires skill on your part to make it happen. If you don't have the skill/time or patience to make it right it best to use a tuning shop to make the dream happen
Old Jan 19, 2011, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

I think i can do it (install ecuflash). I haven't seen to many 05-06 lancers flashed yet so i'm not sure how to go about it with my car. I read the ecuflash for base lancers thread and one guy flashed his 05 and it didn't work but you helped him get back to a driving state. The closest dyno near me is 4 hours away (i think). So it would be better if I tuned it myself. I've been reading tuning threads for a while and think i have the concept down. I would eventually take my car to the dyno and see how I did tho .
Old Jan 19, 2011, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think i can do it (install ecuflash). I haven't seen to many 05-06 lancers flashed yet so i'm not sure how to go about it with my car. I read the ecuflash for base lancers thread and one guy flashed his 05 and it didn't work but you helped him get back to a driving state. The closest dyno near me is 4 hours away (i think). So it would be better if I tuned it myself. I've been reading tuning threads for a while and think i have the concept down. I would eventually take my car to the dyno and see how I did tho .

Good luck with it man! be sure to be very cautious at first!
Old Jan 19, 2011, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

LOL year thats what I hear. The evo sections was very informative about general tuning. The timing seems a bit easier because you actually get feed back on how your car is running (knock). Is there a flash for the 05-06 lancers yet? I have searched forever and haven't found anything. I know they use a different code but haven't seen a 05-06 lancer flashed successfully yet.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

LOL year thats what I hear. The evo sections was very informative about general tuning. The timing seems a bit easier because you actually get feed back on how your car is running (knock). Is there a flash for the 05-06 lancers yet? I have searched forever and haven't found anything. I know they use a different code but haven't seen a 05-06 lancer flashed successfully yet.
What's the deal with the 05-06? I mean I understand what RS is saying, and I understand what you're saying...but is it that you want to flash an EVO rom to the 05-06, is that the problem?

Also, even if you read enough that your ears turn blue, and you finally feel like you're ready to tune...it's such a rude awakening when you actually do. Nothing book/reading wise can prepare you for the real application of the knowledge. True it's necessary, but as with anything, you don't really learn it until you do it. Not trying to deter you, just saying...it's fun, enjoy!
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

I'm trying to find any flash for my 06 es MT. I haven't seen a 05-06 successfully flashed yet. It would be nice to fully tune my own car but with out the flash I'm stuck with a piggy. The piggy I currently have is for fuel maps only. My current plan is to get a RRM turbo kit and from there expand it. I just paid one of my vehicles off and my turbo plan for this year looks good. My friend actually has a turboed eclipse and I was gunna ask if I could datalog his car and look at his maps for him I think I would benefit him too because he said he somehow messed up his tune on his piggyback (safc 2). So he had to have it retuned because he didn't have a copy.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

I'm trying to find any flash for my 06 es MT. I haven't seen a 05-06 successfully flashed yet. It would be nice to fully tune my own car but with out the flash I'm stuck with a piggy. The piggy I currently have is for fuel maps only. My current plan is to get a RRM turbo kit and from there expand it. I just paid one of my vehicles off and my turbo plan for this year looks good. My friend actually has a turboed eclipse and I was gunna ask if I could datalog his car and look at his maps for him I think I would benefit him too because he said he somehow messed up his tune on his piggyback (safc 2). So he had to have it retuned because he didn't have a copy.
It would be trivial to flash it with tepha's v7 rom the real trick is simply changing the XML to work with your car.

If you open up the XML file you'll see on the top of it is defined "flashingmethod" as an element. It would currently read mitsukernel as a stock tephra rom. You simply need to add the word "ocp" to the end of it to work with your car.

And of course you would need to keep a copy of your old rom around before hand just in case you need to go back :P
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

RS,

I downloaded the ecuflash and then I dowloaded the definition files in the thread below for my 06 but i'm having trouble opening the file. Its not showing when i go to look for it in the ecuflash program. what do i do?

PS going back to work, i'll be back in 5 hours I'm just trying to get familiar with the program
Old Jan 20, 2011, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

RS,

I downloaded the ecuflash and then I dowloaded the definition files in the thread below for my 06 but i'm having trouble opening the file. Its not showing when i go to look for it in the ecuflash program. what do i do?

PS going back to work, i'll be back in 5 hours I'm just trying to get familiar with the program
This is sorta, well...everyone seems to have this kind of problem if they aren't "computer savy" at first. But, the definition files, you download, unzip, and place into the folder that EcuFlash is looking to. You set that in the File, options menu I think. The typical default location is like, c:\program files\openecu\ecuflash\rommetadata\mitsubishi\lanc er or something like that. Just make sure to unzip the def files, they will all be XML files once unziped, it's not just 1 file. The 1 file is the zip, it contains many other smaller files.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Hornstar,

Updated the definition file. I had to do it the long way and click on the destination myself. I just need a cable to see if it worked Could I pull my ROM with the piggy back on? or should I take it off? Also, where can I get a tatrix cable from?
Old Jan 20, 2011, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hornstar,

Updated the definition file. I had to do it the long way and click on the destination myself. I just need a cable to see if it worked Could I pull my ROM with the piggy back on? or should I take it off? Also, where can I get a tatrix cable from?
The piggyback does not actually affect the ecu at all other than intercepting and altering certain signal from sensors going to the ecu. If you pull the rom it will be a stock rom. I dont see the piggyback being an issue there.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03lances
The piggyback does not actually affect the ecu at all other than intercepting and altering certain signal from sensors going to the ecu. If you pull the rom it will be a stock rom. I dont see the piggyback being an issue there.
yup, I agree, you ought to be able to pull the rom with the piggy in place....but i'd laugh for days if you ever tried tuning with the piggy still attached. You know when you watch a dog chase it's tail around...it'd look like that, lol.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

LOL That would not be good. Where can i get a tatrix cable? If I can get the rom down that would be awesome. If everything goes as planned I'll be getting a wideband soon

PS my friend doesn't think I can do this. He thinks its rocket science LOL I can't afford to drive 4 hours away and have it tuned like him. At least I have a lot of open road here.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

LOL That would not be good. Where can i get a tatrix cable? If I can get the rom down that would be awesome. If everything goes as planned I'll be getting a wideband soon

PS my friend doesn't think I can do this. He thinks its rocket science LOL I can't afford to drive 4 hours away and have it tuned like him. At least I have a lot of open road here.
www.tactrix.com
Old Jan 21, 2011, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks,

I'll probably get it in a couple of weeks. If I hit a snag I'll post it up. Also, question for WAY down the road. Since the 05-06 lancers are returnless would I be able to run WRX 440 injectors? I've read that I could get too much pressure in my fuel lines and it could do damage?

Quick Reply: Flashing Lancer Ecu