Notices

Flashing Lancer Ecu

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2010, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flashing Lancer Ecu

Looking at picking up a lancer ecu and flash an evo rom to it. More specifically the 96533706. Besides swapping the two pins because of the pinout differences, should there be any issues flashing this to a 03 Lancer ecu PN MR988330?
Old Nov 30, 2010, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 92LaserRs
Looking at picking up a lancer ecu and flash an evo rom to it. More specifically the 96533706. Besides swapping the two pins because of the pinout differences, should there be any issues flashing this to a 03 Lancer ecu PN MR988330?

Well...there's a few threads on this. I don't know what you have, but your name is 92LaserRS...so what kinda car do you have? If you had a lancer, and a lancer ecu, and flashed the 9653 rom you wouldn't change anything. If you had a evo, and a lancer rom, and flashed the 9653, you would swap the wires. If you have a 2g DSM or something with a 4g6x, then you'd need to swap wires as well.

oh, and 96533706 is v7 + Live Map + Speed Density, so I'm concerned. Make sure you know what speed density is, 2706 is MAF with live and DMA, 0706 is just normal with v7 mods.

Last edited by HornstarBU; Nov 30, 2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do not swap the pins, unless this is not going into a lancer. This was something that we thought had to be done in the beginning but was quickly ruled out by senate. I run a Tephra V7 evo rom in my car. No issues just make sure to follow the same procedure in senate evo ecu swap(except for the pins of course ) so you can diable the immobilizer and also disable the two CELs due to no wastegate solenoid and I forget the other right now. Make sure you transfer EVERYTHING over from your stock rom including high and low octane fuel and timing, all maf settings, idle settings and if possible knock settings. Are you putting this in your Laser?
Old Nov 30, 2010, 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

Im aware of the swapping and pin issues this will be going in a 1g awd. I just need to confirm that the above PN (MR988330) is flashable with the EVO/Tephra roms. I searched through the forums and could only find only thread mentioning this actual part number and it was a WTB thread. Just looking for confirmation before i purchase it.

This is the part number i show for a 2003 Lancer, MT Fed Emissions, Non Evolution.

Thanks
Old Nov 30, 2010, 06:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
evo 08 ECU swap

I have a turboed 05 Lancer ES and im looking at putting in an 05 evo 8 ecu...dumb question, but is there more work to it then just buying an evo ecu and swapping them out? or is there a bunch of other work involved other then flashing and tuning it? like, other parts or software needed? and is it a pain in the *** for a performance shop to do, or is it generally a pretty "simple" swap? ANY information would be greatly appreciated, i just want to make sure it gets done correct. there isnt too many people in maine in my area at least that have done this kinda work to an ES, OZ or LS lancer. thanks to all!
Old Nov 30, 2010, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Im aware of the swapping and pin issues this will be going in a 1g awd. I just need to confirm that the above PN (MR988330) is flashable with the EVO/Tephra roms. I searched through the forums and could only find only thread mentioning this actual part number and it was a WTB thread. Just looking for confirmation before i purchase it.

This is the part number i show for a 2003 Lancer, MT Fed Emissions, Non Evolution.

Thanks
Well, if its a 03 lancer Manual, then yes, you can flash it with any evo8 rom, like the 9653. As far as pin swapping though, do you have to swap any pins if you just take an evo ecu and put it in a 1g? If not, then you would have to swap for the lancer.

Originally Posted by Rspence21
I have a turboed 05 Lancer ES and im looking at putting in an 05 evo 8 ecu...dumb question, but is there more work to it then just buying an evo ecu and swapping them out? or is there a bunch of other work involved other then flashing and tuning it? like, other parts or software needed? and is it a pain in the *** for a performance shop to do, or is it generally a pretty "simple" swap? ANY information would be greatly appreciated, i just want to make sure it gets done correct. there isnt too many people in maine in my area at least that have done this kinda work to an ES, OZ or LS lancer. thanks to all!
You don't need an evo ecu, the lancer ecu and the evo ecu are the same, except for 2 wires. If you have an 05 (and it's a manual), you might look into flashing the evo rom onto it, instead of getting a new ecu. If you keep your same one, then you don't have to muck with any wires.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 06:47 PM

oh really? do i NEED those 2 wires to flash it??? if so how do i get them? and other then that, thats good news for me! save $275 on the ecu i was gonna buy. thanks again for the info!
Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rspence21
oh really? do i NEED those 2 wires to flash it??? if so how do i get them? and other then that, thats good news for me! save $275 on the ecu i was gonna buy. thanks again for the info!
Whether you get the evo ecu or just flash in the evo rom just make sure to do the steps I mentioned up top and you should be fine. you will probably have to do some adjusting afterwards but it shouldnt be too bad.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:27 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks. Just wanted to confirm things before purchasing.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03lances
Whether you get the evo ecu or just flash in the evo rom just make sure to do the steps I mentioned up top and you should be fine. you will probably have to do some adjusting afterwards but it shouldnt be too bad.
So yes, if you put an Evo ECU in, then you NEED to change the 2 wires. If you flash your ECU with the EVO Rom, then you DO NOT change the 2 wires.

Like 03lances said, check the threads "confirmed evo ecu swap to lance" and "confirmed evo rom flashed to lancer ECU" (those titles aren't exact, but they are in the computer management forum of this section.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 09:40 AM

ecu flash

so how do i get my ecu flashed? and where do i go to get the right codes/information to flash it with? i have a tactrix cable to flash with, just wondering on where i go from here and where i can get step by step info on doing so. thanks to all with any info.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

You need this program
http://www.tactrix.com/index.php?opt...d=36&Itemid=58
Its free. Also use the search funtion and just type "ecuflash" in the forced induction and engine tuning forums you will get numerous hits. Its not something we will be able to explain in one post... or 50 for that matter. Your best option is to read any and all posts dealing with ecuflash. Study good and hard before EVER attempting any flashing as you could easily do serious damage if you enter in a wrong value.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just reading through some posts but I thought 05 and 06 lancers couldn't be flashed?
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jakermeister
Just reading through some posts but I thought 05 and 06 lancers couldn't be flashed?
They can but they need a custom XML to do it. Its simply safer they don't try to flash in a 02-04 rom. The 05-06 uses the OCP flashing method which is slightly different.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

I'm looking to turbo down the (hopefully this year ) So what would you recommend I do? Stay with a piggy? I have the RRM piggy already.

Quick Reply: Flashing Lancer Ecu