Notices

Piggy Back

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2011, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Piggy Back

I have the RRM piggy back ECU and was screwing around with the stock map that was on there but didn't save the original base map.

Does anyone have the base map for a manual 09 lancer by chance that they could send me or know where I can download it from so I can upload it back to the piggy and just let it be....
Old Jan 27, 2011, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

why were you messing with it? id suggest asking RRM, but they most likely wont give you the file, because of the bad customer support, even though you paid them for an item....
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:06 AM

I changed out some parts to the car and I wanted to see if anything would make it better. I changed some stuff and uploaded it without saving the original and thus could not go back. It doesn't run as well and I don't want the car messed up so I just want to set it back to the original.... If I do it again in the future I will just get a stand alone with a wideband as they have more control and I will know exactly whats going on. I have decided there is no reason to mess with the car unless I put a turbo on it....

I sent them an email and have not heard anything... which is why I am asking if anyone has one. CVT may work also if anyone knows what specific settings would need to be changed in order to make it work with a manual car.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

hahaha good luck, maybe dont go messing around in ur ECU again lol
Old Jan 27, 2011, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

also, since it IS an RRM piggy back ECU, you probably need the RRM specific tune, not just a lancer tune. why cant you just take the piggy back out?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 06:20 PM

I can take it out but then it defeats the purpose of buying the piggy unit. I am not looking for a general tune. The piggys from RRM all come with a preprogamed tune that they dump on there and say is compatable for all lancers with the engine type you order. So I am looking for the original dump you would get off a piggy that came directly from them (ie:the stock piggy tune) that comes on the unit for a manual 09 lancer which all have the 2.0 engine.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 08:44 PM

Maybe you should try calling them. Just be calm and respectful and hopefully they will help you out.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 10:43 AM

If they don't respond to my two emails I will. The point is, I want to see if anyone here had the map I could just upload.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry I cannot offer any help. But did you notice a decent gain with the RRM Piggback?
Old Jan 29, 2011, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by skich
If they don't respond to my two emails I will. The point is, I want to see if anyone here had the map I could just upload.
good luck, they dont have an F in the BBB for no reason...
Old Jan 29, 2011, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

I remember last march I purchased a used RRM header online. It came with no gasket or hardware. I called them a few times a day for 4-5 days to get replacement parts. The phone rang and rang and I just gave up.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:56 AM

I did notice some gains but nothing crazy (some improved gas mileage)... though I am used to driving turbo cars and when you chip them there is a noticable huge gain... Well maybe if we can find some people we can put the map out there so if this happens to anyone else they can just fix it them selves. Possibly even get some altered maps for different intake, exhausts etc because I hear the stock map doesn't work with all the stuff that isn't RRm...
Old Apr 10, 2011, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

I did notice some gains but nothing crazy (some improved gas mileage)... though I am used to driving turbo cars and when you chip them there is a noticable huge gain... Well maybe if we can find some people we can put the map out there so if this happens to anyone else they can just fix it them selves. Possibly even get some altered maps for different intake, exhausts etc because I hear the stock map doesn't work with all the stuff that isn't RRm...
this is what im wondering , because based on the mods i have the numbers are not adding up at all , so i been thinking about tuning the piggy to the mods i have but i really dont know what im doing and havnt found anyone that does
Old Apr 10, 2011, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the RRM piggy back ECU and was screwing around with the stock map that was on there but didn't save the original base map.

Does anyone have the base map for a manual 09 lancer by chance that they could send me or know where I can download it from so I can upload it back to the piggy and just let it be....

Do u still need the OEM Map ? I have a 09 Lancer ES MT and I have the maps that I got from my Tactrix Cable if you need it just send me a PM
Old Apr 11, 2011, 06:05 PM

The piggy didn't mess with my stock map but thanks for the offer on that. As it turns out I learned a lot about the piggy unit through no help of Road Race. In fact they would not help me but to tell me I had to send the unit back to them and pay again....

I ended up calling the people who actually make the piggy unit (split second) and they were very helpful. As it turns out the piggy just modifies the air to fuel map and nothing else. Therefore if RRM already leaned out the map there is no real reason to tune it more as you can't really do much more. The map that is on the 08-10 lancers with the smaller engine is all the same (transmission does not matter regardless of what RRM says). I ended up getting a map for an 08 CVT and 10 lancer and they are exactly the same and both work on my car without any issues.
If you are going to get serious and tune your car, save up your money and get something better than this piggy unit that controls timing and other functions and a wideband. If you start modding your car a lot and use this piggy I would actually be worried about it leaning out the car too much. I haven't hooked up my wide band to it yet but may this summer to see how lean they actually made it. If you are only running small things like an intake and exhaust etc.. then this may be a good choice. It does give gains and does improve gas mileage.