Notices

Roadspikes Huge Map Roms

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2011 | 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Roadspikes Huge Map Roms

I'm getting tired myself of linking people to the roms so i'm making a place for myself.

I have including a special xml version for the 05+ models I think it goes up to 07 but i'm not totally sure. I think people will get the idea.

SD roms will be posted here too and I'll try to keep the latest XML in the mix with features like o2 simulator and the latest rev limiter code.

SD ROM USERS!

DO NOT enter 0x9 for the remove load limit. I may change the xml later to remove that ability but for now just keep it as is or it will NOT work. Fuel limit code is fine please leave these special settings as they are.

Edit:
Updated MAF based maps with upgraded timing maps which should be safer for beginners.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
lancer auto xml.zip (20.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: hex
lancer auto big maps - SD.hex (512.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: hex
lancer auto big maps.hex (512.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by RoadSpike; May 4, 2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old May 3, 2011 | 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

thanks roadspike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 17, 2011 | 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

^+1
Old May 27, 2011 | 06:55 AM
Evolving Member

thanks!!!!!!!!!
Old May 27, 2011 | 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

are those for automatic or manual? Ive got 05 ES MT, which one i should take?

Last edited by holycrap300; May 27, 2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old May 27, 2011 | 11:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by holycrap300
are those for automatic or manual? Ive got 05 ES MT, which one i should take?
I thought that was apparent with the name. They are for automatics only manual transmission guys such as yourself can use the regular evo 8 rom however you will likely need to modify the xml of the rom you choose to include the right flashing method.

Basically I would recommend getting a copy of your rom saved to your machine. Then try flashing the evo rom as it is without any changes. If you get the error that it can't connect to the ecu open up the rom's xml file and change the flashing method at the top from mitsukernel to mitsukernelocp and it should flash.

Be sure to follow the guidelines laid out by senate as to what periphery bit flags need to be disabled and the car should start right up. If you leave the immobilzer enabled and some others it probably will just crank over and not fire up.
Old May 28, 2011 | 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RoadSpike
I thought that was apparent with the name. They are for automatics only manual transmission guys such as yourself can use the regular evo 8 rom however you will likely need to modify the xml of the rom you choose to include the right flashing method.

Basically I would recommend getting a copy of your rom saved to your machine. Then try flashing the evo rom as it is without any changes. If you get the error that it can't connect to the ecu open up the rom's xml file and change the flashing method at the top from mitsukernel to mitsukernelocp and it should flash.

Be sure to follow the guidelines laid out by senate as to what periphery bit flags need to be disabled and the car should start right up. If you leave the immobilzer enabled and some others it probably will just crank over and not fire up.

ok thnx ^^
Old Jun 1, 2011 | 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Do you know what the units reference in the shift pressure? Is more unit value more pressure I assume?

Also, the alternate shift maps are there stock or are they added? If they are stock do you know how they are referenced?

thanks

aaron
Old Jun 1, 2011 | 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Do you know what the units reference in the shift pressure? Is more unit value more pressure I assume?

Also, the alternate shift maps are there stock or are they added? If they are stock do you know how they are referenced?

thanks

aaron
The units are unknown to me I'm guessing its like a percentage to the lock up solenoid.

The alternate maps are what mitsubishi called their "fuzzy logic" for adapting to driving style and crap. Basically one set is for passive driving and one is more aggressive. I'm not totally sure how it interpolates them.

There is also something thats like a downshift map. There are 2 variables on and off bits which make up the 4 conditions. I think one is braking and the other is the switch to passive driving.

As for the shift points themselves I'm relatively sure they are based on the input and output shaft speeds of the transmission. so that would be something like rpm and speed output.
Old Jun 1, 2011 | 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Cool thanks. Lockup control is in there? I might be blind and missed it.

thanks

Aaron
Old Jun 1, 2011 | 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Cool thanks. Lockup control is in there? I might be blind and missed it.

thanks

Aaron
Its labeled as shift pressure basically.
Old Jun 1, 2011 | 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

On the 4 speed tranny is that the 4th to 5th? i.e. 88200000 is the one I am looking at. I will look for a 4 speed known ROM on my computer as well.

thanks

Aaron
Old Jun 1, 2011 | 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

On the 4 speed tranny is that the 4th to 5th? i.e. 88200000 is the one I am looking at. I will look for a 4 speed known ROM on my computer as well.

thanks

Aaron
Yeah thats just sloppyness on my part sorry I had origionally copied the tables from the GTA map. That 4th to 5th one should not do anything.
Old Jun 1, 2011 | 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

I guess my question was the actual control for the lockup torque converter.

thanks

aaron
Old Jun 21, 2011 | 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

Great job with the ROMs Roadspike!

Question for you though. Why is the injector scaling set to 301 when the stockers are 255?

Quick Reply: Roadspikes Huge Map Roms