Old May 12, 2011, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Oh geez...Another how to get ECU flash to work

smh...yeah here I go now.

Break down

#1 ECUflash version 1.42
#2 1.3u cable
#3 Yes, I copied Senates definition files to c:\program files\openecu\ecuflash\rommetdata\mitsubishi\lance r

Problems
I try to get it to read and the step where its supposed to ask what car (ie: subby, mitsu x, mitsu 2001-2007) That window is blank.

When I try to read a saved ROM I get ecuflash could not recognize it using any of the definitions but I copied the individual files to that folder. Im looking at all the xml files in there now.

Also I cant even see ROM info for anything

Under options my directories are
Rom file c:\program files\openecu\ecuflash\rommetdata\mitsubishi\lance r
Color map colormaps
metadata c:\program files\openecu\ecuflash\rommetdata\mitsubishi\lance r

Thanks
Old May 13, 2011, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Green_Bandit
smh...yeah here I go now.

Break down

#1 ECUflash version 1.42
#2 1.3u cable
#3 Yes, I copied Senates definition files to c:\program files\openecu\ecuflash\rommetdata\mitsubishi\lance r

Problems
I try to get it to read and the step where its supposed to ask what car (ie: subby, mitsu x, mitsu 2001-2007) That window is blank.

When I try to read a saved ROM I get ecuflash could not recognize it using any of the definitions but I copied the individual files to that folder. Im looking at all the xml files in there now.

Also I cant even see ROM info for anything

Under options my directories are
Rom file c:\program files\openecu\ecuflash\rommetdata\mitsubishi\lance r
Color map colormaps
metadata c:\program files\openecu\ecuflash\rommetdata\mitsubishi\lance r

Thanks
back out metadata out to be c:\program file\openecu\ecuflash\rommetdata

I had the same issue and Roadspike told me to do that and it worked. If you're using windows 7 you are going to need to allow the folder "openecu" to share otherwise that'll keep it from being accessed as well.
Old May 13, 2011, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

OK, I did that and made a little progress...

I backed out metadata out to be c:\program file\openecu\ecuflash\rommetdata and now it can read again. I allowed sharing on the openecu folder.

Now when it reads, I get an error Ecuflash could not recognize the ROM image. But like I said I downloaded the files to the folder c:\program files\openecu\ecuflash\rommetdata\mitsubishi\lance r so I know they are there

Im pretty much following mitsukids thread on how to but not getting results on this step.
Old May 13, 2011, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
try downloading an older version of ecuflash
Old May 13, 2011, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

The program isn't crashing its just stating it doesn't have a definition for his file.

Copy the definitions from another rom near the same year model as your car and figure out what the internal rom ID is from the info screen. Once you have the rom ID you can look for the xml for it a lot easier.
Old May 13, 2011, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Downloaded 1.29a and we're rolling. Thanks guys!
Old Oct 4, 2011, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RoadSpike
The program isn't crashing its just stating it doesn't have a definition for his file.

Copy the definitions from another rom near the same year model as your car and figure out what the internal rom ID is from the info screen. Once you have the rom ID you can look for the xml for it a lot easier.
Sorry to bump a old thread but I'm having similar problems. I couldn't get it to read until I did what slatermvp did and I managed to finally save my rom to my computer.

So, can anyone help me out? Using RoadSpike's directions above I've copied the rom ID 88250013 for a 06 es lancer (manual) because thats what I have and the rom ID came out to be 88250010. Is this right????? 88250010 has no definition.

THANKS
Old Oct 4, 2011, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

I used the above method because ecuflash said there was no definition for my rom. I tried changing the flash method to the "ocp" as well before trying to copy another rom definition. I did EVERYTHING I could to read my rom before copying from another definition but couldn't get it to go. So thats where I'm stuck now.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

In the vehicle selection list after its read it should display a range of different model lancers right?
Old Oct 4, 2011, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah i was able to download and save my rom but I can't view it (not defined?). Theres no maps below my rom info in ecuflash. I tried to view my stock rom and it said "there is no definition file for this rom". I tried to swap the flashing method to mitsukernalocp first but that didn't work. So then I tried to copy another rom using RoadSpikes instructions above and used the 06 es lancer manual rom 88250013 because thats what my lancer is and it came back with the rom ID 88250010 which isn't defined. I was hoping the 88250013 rom would've worked but it didn't.

PS 88250010 flashing method is mitsukernalocp

Last edited by jakermeister; Oct 4, 2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Any of you 05-06 lancers (MT) have a STOCK rom thats been defined?? Roadspike suggested flashing another defined rom to my ecu.

THANKS ROADSPIKE!!!!!!!

PS I was planning to buy another ecu but that would've been dumb LOL when I could've just flashed it

Last edited by jakermeister; Oct 5, 2011 at 10:56 AM.