Notices

Looking for a 04-06 MT rom

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Heres the rom. I'll wait to flash the automatic rom till you check my rom out. Let me try flashing my rom first to make sure i can go back. Also, I downloaded the 05-07 big map rom for the automatic but theres no definition. Should I make one with a existing definition??
Attached Files
File Type: hex
06 es lancer 88250010.hex (512.0 KB, 0 views)
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jakermeister
Heres the rom. I'll wait to flash the automatic rom till you check my rom out. Let me try flashing my rom first to make sure i can go back. Also, I downloaded the 05-07 big map rom for the automatic but theres no definition. Should I make one with a existing definition??
The definition is in a separate download just look for the zip file in the same post.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Cool. Good news. My rom flashed back so I'll download the definition and give the automatic rom a try in a bit.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Checking your rom and the data stops at 256kb but that doesn't mean its not a 512kb capable ecu could be they just slapped the 256kb in a 512kb package ecu's are the same anyways.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

found the definition LOL funny i didn't notice it when I downloaded the 05-07 rom. I'm gunna try the automatic rom right now.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

I blew my engine!! JK Automatic flash worked so I went for a short drive around the block. Does the ecu relearn when flashing a new rom? It felt like it was relearning so I took it easy on it. I didn't see any knock so thats a good thing. With 05-07 rom I flashed will that be the rom I use for boosting?? The maps were so big! Car felt a little boggy and would chug just a hair. Nothing out of the ordinary tho. Just felt like it was relearning.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

I blew my engine!! JK Automatic flash worked so I went for a short drive around the block. Does the ecu relearn when flashing a new rom? It felt like it was relearning so I took it easy on it. I didn't see any knock so thats a good thing. With 05-07 rom I flashed will that be the rom I use for boosting?? The maps were so big! Car felt a little boggy and would chug just a hair. Nothing out of the ordinary tho. Just felt like it was relearning.
Nice no surprise the car felt a bit slower that map was made to be safe not race ready. Its a starter map so people moving to turbo don't blow up.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

So thats my boost rom right??? Those maps were so huge!! I was a little overwhelmed with all the info in it LOL
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

So thats my boost rom right??? Those maps were so huge!! I was a little overwhelmed with all the info in it LOL
Yep should be a super safe starting point for boosting.

You could try running an evo 9 rom but i'm thinking that may be a bad idea with the MIVEC missing that would be pretty nuts. Or does your car have some kind of MIVEC system in it?
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

LOL no mivec. I've been reading the evo section and I hear the mivec stuff still has fuzzy areas as well. I really appreciate your help RoadSpike!! I don't know what we would do without you.

Last edited by jakermeister; Oct 10, 2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

RS I was looking at the maps and the shift maps and all the other stuff is just there right? Meaning its useless? Basically all of the automatic transmission maps are in a baby blue color.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

RS I was looking at the maps and the shift maps and all the other stuff is just there right? Meaning its useless? Basically all of the automatic transmission maps are in a baby blue color.
Don't worry about the auto stuff you car has no hookups for it anyways.

If anything I was more worried about you throwing a CEL for the auto being gone but it doesn't seem that way for some reason
Old Oct 11, 2011, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

There was a check engine light on but I didn't bother to see what it was. When I was logging there was a warning for "high coolant temp" on the evoscan but it went away after a while. Wasn't sure why it was on the car wasn't even warmed up till I test drove it. For the most part the car felt "ok". I'll need to pull my piggy back out soon. I'll try to flash it after work and see if I can pull any DTC's.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RoadSpike
Don't worry about the auto stuff you car has no hookups for it anyways.

If anything I was more worried about you throwing a CEL for the auto being gone but it doesn't seem that way for some reason

Well you were right. I had a check engine light on for "P1751". Which is for the transmission LOL Should I just clear it?
Old Oct 12, 2011, 01:29 AM
Evolved Member

Well you were right. I had a check engine light on for "P1751". Which is for the transmission LOL Should I just clear it?
may be a simple way to disable the transmission code but for now you'll probably just have to live with it.

Quick Reply: Looking for a 04-06 MT rom