Notices

I've tried everything! I need help with ECUFlash please guys

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2012, 12:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation I've tried everything! I need help with ECUFlash please guys

Long story short I played with the colors in ECUFlash 1.29a then found out that is a big no-no. Ive been trying to uninstall and re-install 1.29a with the definitions from Senates thread but finding that ECUFlash not finding any Lancer definitions.

Ive created a whole new administrator profile on my computer to get rid of a chance the old files interfering and did a search to delete any old files.

After days of me thinking it was my sharing settings (since Im on windows 7) and it not discovering the folder I go out and try a new netbook running Win 7 Premium. But that gave me issues with the cable drivers so I scrapped that idea.

Next I took a closer look at Senates thread and saw he updated them to only work with ECUF 1.3 and higher. I have the 1.3u tactrix cable but had to use 1.29a to interface with my car initially when I first started to use ECUF.

I just tried ECUF 1.3 and no car interface detected. So I've tried ECUF

all with the same result; Nothing Lancer comes up! I see Evo, Eclipse, Subby, Galant, everything else but Lancer! Please help guys. I've been trying to fix this for about 2 weeks.

The order that I work in is I download ECUflash download senates definition files and move them to Lancer, then download Roadspikes to Lancer, make sure OpenEcu is shared, and make sure metadata is pointed to>program files/open ecu/metadata
Thats what Ive always done. What am I missing?

Windows 7, Yes the openecu folder is shared

My definition folder

And finally where my Lancer definitions reside

Finally what comes up when I try to read from ECU

If I get this back working Ill never change the colors again! I promise!
Old Jan 9, 2012, 12:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure how the colours affected your definitions. But I have faced a similar problem.

Try this:

1. Create a new file outside all the ecuflash files.
2. Put all the XMLs you need to view your ROM in your new file.
3. In the ECUFlash settings, alter the target file for accessing XMLs.
4. ????
5. Profit.

This worked for me.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 12:41 AM
Evolved Member

I've had issues like this. Uninstall ecuflash/evoscan then goto c:/prog files/ and delete open ecu. Then restart. start ecuflash installer and let it complete then reinstall evoscan and plug the cable when it prompts. Then copy your definitions to C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata instead of changing the folder. You might need to remove the x86 if your not on x64 win 7. Should be good after that. Oh and change user level in ecuflash
Old Jan 9, 2012, 01:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AndyCT9W
I'm not sure how the colours affected your definitions. But I have faced a similar problem.

Try this:

1. Create a new file outside all the ecuflash files.
2. Put all the XMLs you need to view your ROM in your new file.
3. In the ECUFlash settings, alter the target file for accessing XMLs.
4. ????
5. Profit.

This worked for me.
My initial problems started with that. I found out with changing colors in 1.29a will cause problems with ECUF opening. But I tried making a new folder outside of Openecu but no luck. When I first open ecu flash it says it finds 34 ROM metadata models in that folder but when I go to read; nothing.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

what is your user level in ecuflash?? shows us the path ecuflash uses to get to the folders.

I will send you my files in the AM. Sorry bro I have been busy so I haven't had a chance. I don't work tomorrow so I will def have time to send them to you.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had to use the 3rd option down on the vehicle lists to get my rom read. My rom (MT lancer) has the same rom size as a AT Lancer so thats what I use to read my rom. Have you tried any of the options yet? I can download and save my rom still but since its not defined I can't look at it
Old Jan 10, 2012, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

Well, What I ended up doing is once again completely uninstalling ECUF and Evoscan. Went back to 1.29a and tried to get a read. Nothing Lancer would come up so I picked Evo 8-9 and after a read it asked me to define from --- and the Lancer definitions would come up.

But RoadSpikes definitions wouldnt come up. I had to make a trip so I couldnt wait any longer I had to redo timing, injector latencies, and all that fun stuff again to make this ride safely without running super rich.

Some reason the 4 definitions RS uploaded arent found in that folder. I can open the Big maps and flash that just fine which is like the 8200000 but as a definition its not recognized. Think its just not compatible with 1.29a?

Slater I got your PM but no email. I also checked my spam and no go. What version of ECUF are you using?
Old Jan 11, 2012, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was able to flash his big map for my 06. I had to manually place the definition in the folder to get it to work. Have you check your directories yet (rom directory & metadata directory)? My rom directory shows it reading from the definition file RS made.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

green did u try my way
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jakermeister
I had to use the 3rd option down on the vehicle lists to get my rom read. My rom (MT lancer) has the same rom size as a AT Lancer so thats what I use to read my rom. Have you tried any of the options yet? I can download and save my rom still but since its not defined I can't look at it
Yeah, that's what Im running into now...

Originally Posted by jakermeister
I was able to flash his big map for my 06. I had to manually place the definition in the folder to get it to work. Have you check your directories yet (rom directory & metadata directory)? My rom directory shows it reading from the definition file RS made.
Thats my path

Originally Posted by ryancb
green did u try my way
I did. Thats how I got the bit of progress I made. For some reason though they dont come up initially. I have to select Evo then inherited from, but none of RS ones come up.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

I just checked and I did send the email. PM me your email again and I will send it when I get home again or igive me an alternate email.

I'm running version 1.42 with a 1.3u tactrix cable. I don't understand why it doesn't work for you. It's been running fine for me.

Last edited by slatermvp; Jan 14, 2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:54 PM
Evolved Member

Hmm, maybe its just 1.29a I want to try 1.42 but Im worried Ill lose functionality again. I dont want that considering Im going to be doing some MAF scaling soon.

Speaking of that we have to keep in contact more if youre going to be messing with the MAF too. They figured it out in the past, we should be past this problem by now. On the way back from work I might try some out. Have you tried any?