Notices

5th injector to 440 wrx injectors

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2012, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
5th injector to 440 wrx injectors

i have a RRM turbo kit with the 5th injector setup on my 2002 lancer oz. i'm currently running around 12psi and posting 205whp. i really want to swap the 5th injector setup and get rid of the piggyback. i would much rather tune the stock ecu, and if possible, install a BOV i can hear, rather than the full circulatory. As far as my RRM turbo kit goes, i am very unhappy. When i received the product, all the parts were randomly thrown in the box and none of the couplers even matched each other. After installing, still didn't notice much of a difference. I took it to get it on the dyno and get tuned. When i rolled in, i was lean as can be only posting 155whp on 7psi. they got me to 185whp on 7psi. then we cranked it up to 12psi and got 205whp. In any event, it was a real pain for the guy to tune the car, because the piggyback is so retarded and complicated to use. Now i want to get more out of my car and don't trust this 5th injector setup. I am just wondering if anyone can help me out and get me started in the right direction, and possibly hook me up with a ROM to get me started.

Parts list installed on my ride
-Stock MAF sensor
-RRM 16g turbo kit
-full circulatory BOV
-5th injector with split second piggyback
-Aluminum Flywheel
-Stage 2 clutch kit
Old Apr 6, 2012, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
switch to an evo maf or better yet go SD. Get some 440's and get your IC pipes fixed to take a evo size bov. I am running the stock 9 bov VTA and it sounds amazing. I didn't however even bother with the 5 inj setup. look at my build thread for more info. And pay a shop for a good tune. Aaron @ ER does remote tunes I believe if you don't have a good shop in driving distance.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

what are the benefits of an SD? i don't know much about it or what it is. haha. the BOV that came with the kit is plastic, looks like a stock evo 8 BOV
Old Apr 6, 2012, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

If you are manual then you'll be able to run the BOV to atmosphere instead of circulated. If you run it open to atmosphere with a MAF you will have issues with the car trying to die because it lost the air the BOV threw out. With SD it uses the pressure in the manifold to determine your fuel needs.

Get a tactrix cable (4100-$120), evoscan ($25), and ecuflash to get started. Ecuflash will be easy to get the car tuned and used by basically everyone on the lancer forum. Oh and get an evo 9 BOV since its metal and won't break on ya so easily like the evo 8 can.

Check through all the threads on here. Alot of information is in there.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

i was doing some searching on the speed density. most of the stuff i found on the forums were guys having problems getting the car to run right with the MAF unplugged. i suck at searching on here, i can never find what i want.

Where can I purchase an SD? and do you weld in a bung for it? this sounds like the better route to take.

Where is a good place to get a tactrix cable? i heard a lot of bad things about the lancershop.com I'm going to check the wrx forums and see if I can pick up some 440 injectors.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

I would contact english racing for a remote tune. You can get a MAP sensor for around $130 i think which is all you need and its plug and play to convert to SD. They are using fuel temp for my tune and i haven't had a single issue. I think they used an Omni 4 Bar Map on mine (mainly due to amount of boost was planning before my built motor broke). I think 3/4/5 are all the same price just settings on the rom. Your bov is not an evo 8 its some model DSM which isn't the same size. you can buy a better BOV but since i had a 9 sitting and they were re doing my IC pipes i had them flange for that instead of the POS rrm one. Most people here don't but I personally would send any used injectors to get cleaned and flow tested. WitchHunter did mine and had them back in 48 hours (granted I'm in the same state) The benefit there is you know they are all flowing equally and if not he will tell you how far off. You don't want one injector flowing say (extreme) half the rate of the others. Tactrix cable can be bought on ebay or easier to just buy it from evoscan site. 1.3U cable is what I have.

http://www.evoscan.com/evoscan-gps-o...flashing-cable
Old Apr 7, 2012, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

i found the 4 bar map sensor on lancer shop, but it is for an evo 8. I'm guessing that it will work but i don't know for sure. I'm trying to find an SD, but i can't seem to find anything to buy that will go with the map sensor. Is there a better place to get a map sensor at than lancer shop? i heard mixed reviews about the place.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.amazon.com/OMNI-Power-Mit.../dp/B006ICP67Q
sd harness with gm iat sensor and bung http://spoolinup.com/
Old Apr 7, 2012, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

once again u don't need the sd harness w/ gm iat and bung. Your call but can be tuned with or without it.