Notices

New GTS Owner- Needs Help

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New GTS Owner- Needs Help

Okay guys I am as new as you can get to this forum and am not all familiar with Lancer's but I am very familiar with working on cars. I just bought the Wife a 2009 Rotor Glow GTS Lancer and I am looking to make it a little more "peppy" for her I guess you can say. I am not one to go form over function when it comes to my cars but she could care less as far as how much power she has under the hood. She just wants to "look and sound cool" (not ricey).

With that being said, I already did the front bumper center blackout and changed the chrome nose-ring to black as well. It is going to be debadged this week and the wheels go in to be powdercoated black next month. I am interested in installing an intake and exhaust, an Evo X spoiler, Possibly an Evo X hood and thats really about it. I know that any power gains from an intake and exhaust setup are minimal (if any at all) but I would just like the look of it. And if I am going to be putting on an exhaust I had might as well put an intake as well cause "an engine that breathes better, performs better".

It came with every option from the factory so interior-wise its good and so is the sound system.

I personally have a car on coilovers and she really doesnt care for the ride of it and she doesn't want to worry about going over bumps in the road and bottoming out so suspension is out of the picture for now- unless you can recommend a setup that could give her about a 1"drop without affecting the ride quality as much.

SO the info I am looking to gain from your experiences is:

-what intake
-what exhaust (looking for dual- can't find one online for the 2.4L)
-possible suspension drop (no more than 1" preferably without affecting ride quality as much"

Also are there any "tunes" out there available that are worth the money.

Thanks ahead of time for any of the input given. Glad to be on the forum.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:38 AM

I recommend injen exhaust and intake 100% if you get the right parts for your vehicle you will see an increase in horsepower. I'm Not saying your going to have an increase of anything substantial but if it is done right I wouldn't be surprised If you saw an increase of 15 to 17 HP. It is worth it. I am very pickey about the sound of the exhaust. Injen has a low rumble Not high pitch and "ricey"
Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by xm3talxmast3rx
I am very pickey about the sound of the exhaust. Injen has a low rumble Not high pitch and "ricey"
Good. That's exactly what I am looking for. Doe you or does anyone know of any vendor that sells a dual exhaust for the GTS with the 2.4L? Like I said the exhaust is really only going to be for aesthetics but if I am putting the money down I has might as well make it perform a little too.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GTS-runner
Good. That's exactly what I am looking for. Doe you or does anyone know of any vendor that sells a dual exhaust for the GTS with the 2.4L? Like I said the exhaust is really only going to be for aesthetics but if I am putting the money down I has might as well make it perform a little too.
the evolution x exhaust or ralliart dual is great for our cars it sounds amazing and doesnt cost much. i paid 40 for mine.

heres the thread where i put on the rear lip to make the duals work.

http://9glancers.com/index.php/topic,19182.0.html
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by lancer0220
the evolution x exhaust or ralliart dual is great for our cars it sounds amazing and doesnt cost much. i paid 40 for mine.

heres the thread where i put on the rear lip to make the duals work.

http://9glancers.com/index.php/topic,19182.0.html
Will the duals work without doing the lip? Not sure yet if I want to go that in depth with the wifes car.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GTS-runner
Will the duals work without doing the lip? Not sure yet if I want to go that in depth with the wifes car.
no they wont you will have to make a custom dual exhaust
Old Aug 23, 2012, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

no they wont you will have to make a custom dual exhaust
Cool job, only thing I didn't like was the exhaust, u could see the regular pipe inside the finisher.
regular pipes are circle and the finishers are oval... lol
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Newuser213
Cool job, only thing I didn't like was the exhaust, u could see the regular pipe inside the finisher.
regular pipes are circle and the finishers are oval... lol

Thats oem evo muffler buddy.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 03:19 PM
Evolving Member

Thats oem evo muffler buddy.

but still, if it were me id change it to a aftermarket exhaust that looks better and probably performs better
Old Aug 24, 2012, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Newuser213
but still, if it were me id change it to a aftermarket exhaust that looks better and probably performs better
putting on an oem evolution exhaust on an N/A lancer is the equivalent to putting an aftermarket exhaust on, especially a 2012 evolution exhaust.

eventually i may change the tips but for now i like the oem look.