Notices

Tune Up Time

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2013 | 01:07 PM

Tune Up Time

So this is probably in the wrong spot. I put my suspension on the car, got my tints now its time for performance parts. But I wanna do a tune up first. What's are the standard things to do. Spark plugs and wires, fresh oil, what else should I do. I wanna start getting everything ready for an exhaust headers and plan a turbo. This was a used car idk what's been done, if anything. Thanks guys
Old Aug 23, 2013 | 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

A basic tune up for our cars would consist of plugs (no wires or cap/rotor unless you want to replace the 2 wires coming off the coil packs), oil and filter and air filter.

It grows from there you can do a transmission flush, power steering flush, brake fluid flush, coolant flush, new thermostat.

If you are serious about turboing make sure and read through our threads here thoroughly and don't buy a header since you will need a turbo manifold anyways.
Old Aug 23, 2013 | 06:40 PM

awesome thanks man. is there a big difference in a turbo mani and the RRM header? i thought that was compatible with a turbo. and really thats it? nothing else i should do to prep for a turbo? i wanna build my motor a bit before i turbo, that way when things break i have the spare change to replace. a turbo will wipe me out a cash.
Old Aug 23, 2013 | 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

My list didnt really have anything to do with turbo prep it was mainly just tune up stuff in general. And as far as the header goes a header (n/a header that is) and a turbo mani are completely different. You cannot use a turbo mani with a motor that is still n/a and you cannot use a regular header made for the lancer with a turbo build. The turbo bolts up directly to the turbo mani. Read the thread in my signature, its long, really long but pretty much essential to read for learning how to turbo your car. There are plenty of other great turbo threads here too that I utilized every part of when I was working on mine, just look in the forced induction section.

Last edited by 03lances; Aug 23, 2013 at 09:07 PM.