Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

stroker kit (US LANCER)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2004, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is that why it doesnt do much good to port and polish, or ami just way out in left field with that one?
Old Sep 30, 2004, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Well i looked some things up and you can stroke it to about a 2.15 liter. Expensive though.

THe port and polish just depends on how the stock manufacuring was done. On the Evo the stock head SUCKS!! The pockets in the valves are almost square looking, the Valve seats are in the middle of the pocket..haha.. and the Exhaust ports are about 1/4inch smaller then the gasket all the way around. The intake side they did a good job there are only about 1~2mm smaller then the gasket. Like i said i would have to take one of those apart to know more. How much are they? Might be a fun project?

Chris
Old Oct 1, 2004, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry so late on this one.... In terms of increasing the displacement, there is nothing much that you Lancer guys can do, unfortunately.

In terms of upping the bore of the motor, I can see an absolute max overbore of 1mm (based on the Mirage block)... that is being adventurous too, dont want any strutural integrity problems. Still, with that kind of bore, that wont get you to the 2.1L mark. In terms of stroke, someone said it best... in terms of the 4G9x motors, this is the last produced one, so to my knowledge, there are no stroker cranks available.

Unfortunately, until Mitsu produces another 4G9x motor, we are stuck (I say this amid rumours of Mitsu not releasing any more 4G9x motors).
Old Oct 1, 2004, 09:34 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Nm0ney34
is that why it doesnt do much good to port and polish, or ami just way out in left field with that one?
I have not heard anything of this. Our head is more or less identical to that of the Mirage, so I can't see why we wouldn't benefit just as much, if not more due to greater displacement. The head and the block are two totally different things however, so you're pretty much comparing apples to oranges. The ability to overbore a block and the ability to overbore a head exist in two completely different realms of possibility.