Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Throttle Body Port by ProflowDesign

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2004 | 11:04 AM

Throttle Body Port by ProflowDesign

Well i found a place called ProflowDesign which rebores throttle bodies for what looks like a good price. Here is my email and their response. Tell me what you think! Should i call and ask any more questions?

> Hello, I saw on your site that you had Mitsubishi Lancer listed for
> bored out throttle bodies. I have a 2003 Lancer OZ that I'm interested
> in doing some performance upgrades to. You have listed 175.00$ and I
> was wondering what all that covered? Can you please provide some more
> details. Would I also need a bored out intake manifold and cylinder
> head? Besides reboring, do you polish them also?
>
> Thanks,
> mechtn
>

Hello,

We can rebore your throttle body for you. It will be bored through out the narrow section after it is fully disassembled and cleaned. The shaft is then modified and a new butterfly plate is made to fit the bore. The entire unit is reassembled and sealed. You should not need to port match the intake manifold with a rebore, as Mitsubishi usually makes the intakes about 2mm larger than the stock throttle body size.

We would need you to send us your throttle body for processing, which takes a few days in our shop.

Let me know if we can help.

Thanks,
Jim
Old Oct 7, 2004 | 02:04 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Well for one thing you would want to know how much larger they're going to bore it, wouldn't you?
Old Oct 7, 2004 | 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

lol, yeah thats a real good question u didnt ask
Old Oct 7, 2004 | 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

I'd be curious about turn around time as well. How long does it take to get yours done and back so we could drive again?

I believe rrm's TB is about 5mm over stock? Check and see what this is bored over to.

RRM's is also like 270 bucks or so + core. So, this would be a good deal.

Keep the details coming!
Old Oct 7, 2004 | 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

id imagine from there email they arent gonna make it anymore then 2mm over sized to match the stock intake manifold sizing.
best bet would be the tb from rrm and the intake manifold to match getting 5mm throughout

even if the company makes the tb 5mm over sized your not gonna get any real gains without the intake manifold ported to match
Old Oct 7, 2004 | 03:43 PM

To confirm with everyone so its not said again in the thread that RRM is the best bet. I'm researching other companies and finding out what they can do for our lancer. Please don't keep refering to RRM as the best option. RRM's reputation speaks for itself and we all already know what products they have. Options is what i'm looking for as well as better pricing. Who knows, maybe these guys can help give lancer owners more HP per dollar and then again maybe not. If you have something useful to contribute that will help lead to better answers then please feel free to post them.

Moving on, I'm going to call and talk with the guy tomorrow and get more details about how much they bore it out etc etc.

Thanks,
mechtn
Old Oct 7, 2004 | 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

If they do bore it out to 5mm over, why not buddy up to someone that works at a machine shop and have em port out the intake mani for you (hopefully for a discount )
Old Oct 7, 2004 | 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

im sorry if i sounded like im whoring for them or something. i was just stating that. maybe you didnt knwo what size there tb or intake manifold was or somehting like that i dont know. i was just comparing what was otu there vs what you guys are trying to get now this way noone gets jacked on there cash. i mean they might tell you anythign like (our tb will make mroe power then theres bla bla bla) but if you put the math there you can just clearly see how the RRM would be better being 5mm over stock if theres was onl'y 2 mm over stock
and as far as the itnake manifold goes i dont see anyone gaining anything without it being ported

so basicly if your gonna keep stock intake manifold and just do a tb then the oen you are looking into right now would be your best bang for buck
but if you plan on getting the intake manifold in the future your also looking at spending the aditional 250 to get there tb or have this company machine one out for you (again wich will run prolly another 175 costing 350 total

i dont knwo that just my point and i dont have anythign elkse to add to this thread so with that said good luck on the group buy and i hope everythign turn out the way it supposed to, with people happy and mroe power
Old Jul 22, 2005 | 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

reviving this bad boy

Just browsing the forum and I wanted to revive this thread. Is there any updates on what happened?
Old Jul 31, 2005 | 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

yeah, this sounds like a good company if it went through