Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Cry02?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2004, 10:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q: Is this like Nitrous?

A: No, nitrous oxide is an oxidizer which actually adds oxygen into the intake charge. We are simply cooling the intake charge to help reduce the effects of heat soak and provide a denser intake charge. Since we are only cooling the air, this system is much less likely to do serious harm to your motor
Old Oct 28, 2004, 10:31 PM
Evolving Member

i wish i could afford to.. I mean as far as what other mods are going to cost me.. 15 horse.. i'm looking into a header there.. thats gonna cost me more than 280.00 and probably won't yield the gains..
Old Oct 28, 2004, 10:33 PM
Evolving Member

i'd say all in all with all of their accessories they have you can get about 15-20% gains.. they make stuff to cool your fuel and everythign..
Old Oct 28, 2004, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

yeah, saw some of that in there, well, be sure to let us know how it turns out. and if it looks decent post up some pics
Old Oct 28, 2004, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

will do man. thanks for all you help.. 1 more question. what would colder fuel do for you?
Old Oct 28, 2004, 10:40 PM
Evolving Member

found some more dynos.. good for about 10 horse with just the base kit.. i'm going to purchase one and check it out..
Old Oct 29, 2004, 06:34 AM

Talking

Sounds like a Good Idea, I've heard of this one before, just compressed CO2, those things get cold as hell. Shoots into your air intake, and then mixes with the air to make it colder. If you have ever went paintballing or anything like that and have one of those canisters come loose, the bottles Ices up. Cold stuff. Sounds like a good idea, and CO2 shouldn't hurt anything as you are probably sucking up CO2 anyway just through your normal intake, now it's just more. Probably won't hinder the air flow because when it shoots into the CO2 into the intake to mix with ther air already in there.

I might just have to get this. it's like insta-CAI Hopefully it works well with CAI already.

WOOOHOOO MINI-NITROUS that's safe.
Old Oct 29, 2004, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Umm, read the description, it doesn't put CO2 into the intake system, it cools a bulb inside the intake and the air flows around that, causing the air to cool. If you shot compressed CO2 into your intake you would kill you engine almost instantly.
Old Oct 29, 2004, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

yes you would.. straight c02 would stall your engine as soon as it was injected. tward.. they do inject it into the intake charge somehow other than the bulb. the bulb is just a second way of cooling it off. and on top of that you can cool your fuel to. I'm saving up for it. I should have it by the end of next month! I'm a poor college kid..
Old Oct 29, 2004, 12:10 PM

Yeah I guess that would make sense, I thought what I read shot it into the intake when I saw something on it a while back, It didn't explain everything too well but it did say 15 - 20 hp. It would almost freeze the air in the intake, you touch a bottle of CO2 that has been opened or leaking it its cold enough to give you frost bite instantly. But the bulb would make sense, couldn't be too bad. I can see that being a fairly decent thing just for a little extra kick when you needed it. Sweet, I'm gonna get it. Not as dangerous as nitrous.
Old Oct 29, 2004, 01:47 PM
.L.
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by twardOZRally
You can win an award for pretty much nothing these days. Who gave the award? was it a reuptible source? car magazine? National Enquirer?

they won the SEMA BEST NEW PERORMANCE PRODUCT 2003

taken from their catalog:
" the cryO2 air intake consists of an aerodynamically designed bulb with a cryogenic chamber which is mounted in a 4" segment of air tube. as the air passes over the bulb heat is removed from the air charge resulting in a colder, denser more powerful charge. dyno testing showed a reduction in intake air temperature of more than 35%. the cryO2 air intake can be used on turbocharged, supercharged or naturally aspirated applications. multiple units can be used for colder results. installs in minutes and comes with silicone connection sleeve, hose clams and connection/vent hose.

i'm looking at the picture right now. i dont think the bulb will be a problem as far as slowing down/blocking air inside the intake. it looks aerodynamic. someone should buy this and try it out.
Old Oct 29, 2004, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

OZ-guy said he's going to buy it. and I don't think it really matters how aerodynamic it is designed, anything inside of a tube that is normally clear through will impede airflow, probly not much, and obviously from the results he posted the gains outweigh what it loses
Old Oct 29, 2004, 03:08 PM
.L.
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by twardOZRally
OZ-guy said he's going to buy it. and I don't think it really matters how aerodynamic it is designed, anything inside of a tube that is normally clear through will impede airflow, probly not much, and obviously from the results he posted the gains outweigh what it loses

i hear ya. i dont think it'll impede the airflow to where you actually lose horsepower. i actually have an extra honeycomb in my pipping. feels identical with or without. but then again i guess we'd need a dyno to find out the truth, and thats pointless on something so small.
Old Oct 29, 2004, 04:46 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OZ-Guy
i wish i could afford to.. I mean as far as what other mods are going to cost me.. 15 horse.. i'm looking into a header there.. thats gonna cost me more than 280.00 and probably won't yield the gains..
what you gotta realize though dude, is that one is a temporary performance mod, while the other is a more permanent one.

i read through the site, and i think they said if you held down the switch continuously, it would last something like 3 minutes per bottle, so its really just for dragging, where as the header would yield comparable gains all the time, there's no switch, no bottle to refill, etc etc.

i think if you were to give this a try, you should get your bolt ons taken care of first
Old Oct 29, 2004, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

I think on anycar u should start with I/E/H...but thats just me.

Def go with the header, you will get beter results with it in the long run. i prolly wouldnt look into this unless u were atleast past the I/E/H bolt ons.

This does seem like a nice safe alt. to nitrous tho...cause thats not really safe on any car.

Quick Reply: Cry02?